Maxx HD Batt. Stat poor?

djspy

Reaction score
The JellyBean update increased my battery life. Before JB update i would hit 14% with about 6 hours of screen on time. Now when I hit 6hrs I still have about 25-30% left.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Appeared to help me as well. However I did do a factory reset after the update. Not for any particular reason but anytime there is a major update like that I like to start fresh.

jaydub5

Reaction score
10 hours so screen time is excellent. Right now I am looking at screen time of 5 hrs, 19 min
@17% battery remaining. NOT GOOD. SCREEN ON AUTO.
Will do FDR and try again.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lord you Maxx people complaining about 5+ hours screen on :p

You guys should try the Galaxy Nexus sometime. Lol. I'm lucky to see 2.5 with around 10 hours standby on 4G.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

drew96dawg

Reaction score

You guys should try the Galaxy Nexus sometime. Lol. I'm lucky to see 2.5 with around 10 hours standby on 4G.

I get 4.5 to 5 hours in a weak lte area (1-2 bars but very rarely drops 4g). Its mostly googling useless junk I think of and helping out around here on df with a few games here and there.

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2

eacounts

Reaction score

I switched from the Nexus to the RAZR Maxx and got much better life. But now its down significantly and I am not happy. Samsung phones are not the greatest in battery life but the Nexus was the worst.

djspy

Reaction score
The only way you're going to get 10+ hours of screen time is if you do nothing but watch movies continuously all day until the phone dies.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
The only way you're going to get 10+ hours of screen time is if you do nothing but watch movies continuously all day until the phone dies.

His picture says 10 hours 37minutes on battery so it would have to be like that

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2

eacounts

Reaction score
Screenshot_2012-12-31-11-35-26 (1).pngScreenshot_2012-12-31-11-36-42.png

I had the Nexus got rid of it and got the Razor Maxx. I loved it at first but it started loosing battery life and now with the JB update it's even worse! I did a FDR on it day before yesterday and I am at 80% in two hours of use. My screen is using most of the battery life. But when I put it to automatic it is too dark for me any suggestions?

djspy

Reaction score
Have you tried doing the master calibration? Turn off your phone and charge it to 100% leave it plugged in for a little while longer. Then turn on the phone and unplug it and use it normally. When it gives the low battery warning (14% I think). Turn off and charge it again to 100%. I usually do it over night. I have found that I get the best battery life when I let it drop to 14% again and charge my phone overnight again for a couple of nights but this time don't turn off your phone. After the FDR and meter calibration you should get optimal battery life in about 3 days when everything is done settling in with the system.

eacounts

Reaction score
Yes I did that the battery life is better but not to the levels of before. Verizon sent a refurb phone as a replacement. I put my sim card and memory in used it like I usually do and got about the same battery life that I have on my JB updated phone. So I switched it back to my original unit. I removed all but 3 or 4 apps from my home screen, set my battery saver and my screen to automatic brightness and I was able to get about 12 or so hours out of it. So I guess I will keep it like that. The JB update is smoother and has some good features that l like.

Have you tried doing the master calibration? Turn off your phone and charge it to 100% leave it plugged in for a little while longer. Then turn on the phone and unplug it and use it normally. When it gives the low battery warning (14% I think). Turn off and charge it again to 100%. I usually do it over night. I have found that I get the best battery life when I let it drop to 14% again and charge my phone overnight again for a couple of nights but this time don't turn off your phone. After the FDR and meter calibration you should get optimal battery life in about 3 days when everything is done settling in with the system.

swharshbar

Reaction score
52 hours last charge with mod use. Now 35 hours with more use than before.

I'm very happy with this phone and battery performance. Some people are just never happy...lol

nateohio

Reaction score
And if you set up smart actions right you'll get insane battery life!

You guys are also reading the screenshot wrong...he had 10 hours off charger with 3+ hours of screen on time

Here's my screenshots with 17+ hours off charger and 3+ hours of screen on time.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357879490770.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357879490770.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 262
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357879503927.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357879503927.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 255