5.8.894 update rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wooddale

Reaction score
I say it fixed about 90% of my data problems. Much better then it was.

As for wireless tethering, i have read that the new beta version of wireless tethering works fine.

You talking Beta7 I got it on my card never tried it yet. 90% good to hear there is a God

sgregory111

Reaction score
I am talking about the leaked .893 update I used Cheesecake to pull off a Motorola server.

I am hoping what ever OTA update Verizon comes out with will be even better and available to me.

wooddale

Reaction score
I am talking about the leaked .893 update I used Cheesecake to pull off a Motorola server.

I am hoping what ever OTA update Verizon comes out with will be even better and available to me.

There is a Verizon out there 5.8.894 on xda where you dont have to do the cheesecake deal. download the zip go into fastboot and you have new kernel and radio. Some one just extracted the zip

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
read the tread I just started, I got an official OTA update this morning on my replacement phone I got in the mail yesterday. I checked the sys version when I first started it up and it stated 5.5.886, after about 20 minutes of putting my stuff back into the phone it popped up with an update, it installed it and I checked the sys version again and this time it says 5.5.893. I called MOTO about 10 minutes ago and they say the latest update is 5.7.893 (thats what my phone number should be on he said). He also stated that the next update for us is ICS but didnt give a date for release.
here is a screenshot....
shot_000003.png

wooddale

Reaction score
read the tread I just started, I got an official OTA update this morning on my replacement phone I got in the mail yesterday. I checked the sys version when I first started it up and it stated 5.5.886, after about 20 minutes of putting my stuff back into the phone it popped up with an update, it installed it and I checked the sys version again and this time it says 5.5.893. I called MOTO about 10 minutes ago and they say the latest update is 5.7.893 (thats what my phone number should be on he said). He also stated that the next update for us is ICS but didnt give a date for release.
here is a screenshot....
shot_000003.png

Where is your thread sounds interesting

wooddale

Reaction score
I say it fixed about 90% of my data problems. Much better then it was.

As for wireless tethering, i have read that the new beta version of wireless tethering works fine.

I tried it today and yes it did work. Beta 7

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
sargentmajord;[URL="tel:1867405" said:
1867405[/URL]]I just updated to 5.8.894 an it is incredible the camera is flawless and the data so far has not even hiccuped. The battery life is twice as long as the 5.7.893 i have been on performance mode for battery setting for the last 6 hours an still have 80%. Every bug that has been mentioned with the bionic has been fixed with this update as far as i can tell i am still going over it with a fine tooth comb. The downside to this update is u have to be bare bones stock to apply it if u have installed any of the leaked updates the update will fail. I have the update on my sdcard lol i just dont know how to upload it if anyone has any ideas let me know so i can get it out there. For everyone that applied any updated an now the new update will fail when u try to install it. Restore it completely to stock unroot it an make up a story for verizon to get a factory replacement lol. A simple data loss issue will get u a new one ;-) but make it sound convincing oh an ask for over night shipping cuz lol its free with factory replacements. I wish the best of luck for all the droid bionics out there.(update as of 4:30 am pacific time) -> i just confirmed that root is retained after 5.8.894 update i am now rocking a droid bionic root an updated with the soak test ota if any one out there wants the soak test ota here is a link for it ( Blur_Version.5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip ) u must be barebone stock to apply it if u have applied any ota update from 5.5.893-5.7.893 the update will fail fxz flash backs to stock will not work.
i have new info regarding the above post i just got off the phone with tier 3 tech floor manager (here is my resource route so u know how i got to talk to the manager) Rep--> tier 2 tech--> sprv--> escalated to teir 3 (they call you in 24 to 48 hrs after reviewing ur case u dont call them or transfer to them)--> tier 3 floor manager. He "Quote stated that the .894 update is the official update being pushed to all bionic user to fix software issues with the phone the 5.5.893 update has caused problems for bionic users (like we didnt know that already with the leaked version) an has been pulled and we are aware of the fact that if anyone applied the .893 update now can not apply the .894 an we are currently in the process fo rectifying the issue Unquote". so it looks like moto got themselves in a bit of a pickle an the .894 update is the official one. OH an the tier 3 floor manager said that the ICS OS has been created by moto they are just trying to figure out what day to release it lol what the heck moto release now an quite beating around the bush.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
i have new info regarding the above post i just got off the phone with tier 3 tech floor manager (here is my resource route so u know how i got to talk to the manager) Rep--> tier 2 tech--> sprv--> escalated to teir 3 (they call you in 24 to 48 hrs after reviewing ur case u dont call them or transfer to them)--> tier 3 floor manager. He "Quote stated that the .894 update is the official update being pushed to all bionic user to fix software issues with the phone the 5.5.893 update has caused problems for bionic users (like we didnt know that already with the leaked version) an has been pulled and we are aware of the fact that if anyone applied the .893 update now can not apply the .894 an we are currently in the process fo rectifying the issue Unquote". so it looks like moto got themselves in a bit of a pickle an the .894 update is the official one. OH an the tier 3 floor manager said that the ICS OS has been created by moto they are just trying to figure out what day to release it lol what the heck moto release now an quite beating around the bush.

Stop spreading rumors in this information please thank you. I seen you post this in 1,000,000 threads all over droid forms in the basic fact remains that you don't know what this guy told you is right and we don't even know if you even just made this up... just because you're stuck on some cheesecake crap.. don't get people all riled up over nothing... For people who took an official update... do you think they are just gonna leave everyone in the dark who took in official update??? I highly doubt it!! I think people are in the right official update path when you install the update that is sent to them officially from verizon the motorola.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

rduckwor

Reaction score
Stop spreading rumors in this information please thank you. I seen you post this in 1,000,000 threads all over droid forms in the basic fact remains that you don't know what this guy told you is right and we don't even know if you even just made this up... just because you're stuck on some cheesecake crap.. don't get people all riled up over nothing... For people who took an official update... do you think they are just gonna leave everyone in the dark who took in official update??? I highly doubt it!! I think people are in the right official update path when you install the update that is sent to them officially from verizon the motorola.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Earlier rumors indicate that there is an update pathway that eventually leads to 5.8.894 and that this OTA will be the last before ICS comes to roost.

We don't have any real idea what Moto/VZW will do, so we have no choice but to sit back and wait.

Someone some where knows the real story, but we have not found them yet.

That being said, I skipped the prior leaked OTA's and loaded 5.8.894 two weeks ago and things seem fine.

RMD

Status
Not open for further replies.