$299.99 on contract? are u kidding me!

brooklyn2410

Reaction score
it seems like im the only one who is really fed up with this price tag. I can't believe Verizon would have the audacity to release this phone with such a high price especially with all the delays. I was waiting for this phone since January and held out through all the bs moto was putting us through. I thought for sure they would release this phone cheaper (at least for the first couple weeks) just so that all of us that were waiting for so long would be compensated for. but slapping that price on it is like a giving all of us the finger like yea we made u wait this long and we still gonna rape ur wallet. well screw moto (even though I dnt think they have anything to do with the price) im going to be in line waiting when the Nexis prime comes out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

tcayton49

Reaction score
First of all, there was no "all the delays" there was exactly one delay. Secondly, its your money, so if you don't wanna spend the money on the bionic, then don't. pretty easy solution.

donzz

Reaction score
That is a ridiculous amount! We'll have to wait and see to be sure. If that is the case I'll wait for the price to come down or pick a different phone all together. There will be a ton of new phones coming out in the next 2 or 3 months.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
You can buy the phone from other places not just through verizon. Other places do have better prices, I got my d2g for $40 when verizon had it at 199 in december.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Cm7

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you wait 1-2 weeks you can get it for $199 and even less if you have discounts if you buy it from Costco and other big stores. Verizon always has the highest prices.

J

JriderG

I don't understand why you thought it be cheaper at launch than a few weeks in. That goes against all marketing decisions I have ever seen.

EFGantry

Reaction score
given all the phones coming out soon after the Bionic (GS2, Vigor, Nexus Prime, Droid HD, iP4S, etc) the price will drop significantly and quickly. i agree with OP tho, this is too much for this phone. i'm willing to bet it'll be 150-200 BOGO by Black Friday...

mrjboo

Reaction score
IF the $299.99 price is true, isn't that Minimum Advertised Price stipulation just something that makes you add the item to an online shopping cart before you can see that site's retail?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Doesn't anyone feel for VZW here? If I get the Bionic for $299 and sign a two year deal, I will pay them $2700. Now VZW has about 90 million customers and I just don't see how those poor folks can make any money. :laugh: (dripping with sarcasm!)

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
it seems like im the only one who is really fed up with this price tag. I can't believe Verizon would have the audacity to release this phone with such a high price especially with all the delays. I was waiting for this phone since January and held out through all the bs moto was putting us through. I thought for sure they would release this phone cheaper (at least for the first couple weeks) just so that all of us that were waiting for so long would be compensated for. but slapping that price on it is like a giving all of us the finger like yea we made u wait this long and we still gonna rape ur wallet. well screw moto (even though I dnt think they have anything to do with the price) im going to be in line waiting when the Nexis prime comes out.

If the Charge was $299 and Single core what made you think that the Bionic would be cheaper? Verizon in the most expensive network out of all the providers. I always said that the price would be $299 or maybe more so this price did not surprise me at all...

nikecar

Reaction score
Whiners. Don't like the price, buy elsewhere, or wait.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone feel for VZW here? If I get the Bionic for $299 and sign a two year deal, I will pay them $2700. Now VZW has about 90 million customers and I just don't see how those poor folks can make any money. :laugh: (dripping with sarcasm!)

I actually feel like Verizon is one company that isn't screwing their customers. They've put the most money into new infrastructure, bringing 50% of the US 4G LTE in a fairly short amount of time.

They could easily sit back and collect their money and keep us in the past with 3g, but they chose to move forward, which I think is more than we can say about any of the other carriers.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^ No question they are the best! I guess I just miss the days when my phone bill wasnt $100 per month!

aramos87

Reaction score
Yeah I will definitely wait for the price to drop... or maybe even stick with my D3 until all the new phones are out to see which is best.. but the $299.99 price is lame... but like many have said... either put out for it or wait ... which is what I'm doing..

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ No question they are the best! I guess I just miss the days when my phone bill wasnt $100 per month!

Inflation my friend=P Plus adding the data plan hurts obviously.