Motorola phones

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
For a TEMPORARY (i.e. until next restart) fix to force LTE only on the Bionic you can enter program mode (dial ##PROGRAM, password is 000000)
Go to 'test mode'
click 'next' twice
from there you can select 'network mode' and set it to LTE only.
This will last until you reboot the phone and then it will revert to prior settings.

I use this menu to move to EVRC-B for voice quality.

Just remember if your LTE signal gets too weak you will flat out lose data instead of having the Bionic try to connect at 3G or 1x.

very nice, thanks for that - have you seen/found a setting in there to change to evdo from ehrpd?

wingdo

Reaction score
very nice, thanks for that - have you seen/found a setting in there to change to evdo from ehrpd?

Without my looking at the moment (I am currently on a call), I believe there is an option to enable/disable eHRPD, but I am not 100% certain.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Hey Wing, thanks. I had not found the network mode settings as well, being that they were on the main screen on my D1 moto program. Methinks that someone who is in solid LTE and experiences data drops might really want to test this. This might be a reasonable solution albiet temporary if it indeed forces LTE only. Nothing to lose but a little time.

Craig

konellaz

Reaction score
Htc TB only... Can be forced into Lte only.. This app has been out since about release day.. Its free, and the only way to rock your Lte on your TB.. Like I said it can run all my gaming console's at once while playing call of duty on 360

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

konellaz

Reaction score
Htc TB only... Can be forced into Lte only.. This app has been out since about release day.. Its free, and the only way to rock your Lte on your TB.. Like I said it can run all my gaming console's at once while playing call of duty on 360

https://market.android.com/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff

Im not a dev.. Just a flashing addict!! If flashing left tracks I would be called the Santa fe! But really can a dev answer why I can't do this with my DB

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
I have changed my DB (and previous DX) over to EVRC-B and people on the other end say voice quality was like in the old, copper days... Clean, and very easy to hear, no crappy warbly digital audio like I was on a tin can and string. I just wish the phone would stay on EVRC-B setting permanently.