Motorola phones

short283

Reaction score
What exactly is Motorola doing? Don't get me wrong here I love there phones but come on now what's with pushing them to the public before they are finished im not only speaking on behalf of bionic owners but all Motorola smart phone owners! Before starting a new project can u at least make sure the previouse project is complete like the bionic for instance it was scheduled for release then stripped down and "refined" then pushed out, it wasn't even finished, only so they could focus on the razr so it can be released 6 weeks later incomplete aswell just so they can focus on the XOOM 2 (xyboard) what's the deal moto if ur trying to satisfy the consumers (us) ur failing plain an simple we don't want the newest product asap we want what we got to work as advertised and according. Y not take about two years and fix what u got out already and hold off on the new. Once what we got is fixed it will be like a new device all over again. Now some may say I have buyers remorse but I assure u I do not I love my bionic and would not trade it for anything (that is when it works right or as its supose to) but when it doesn't work as supose to and all this talk about an OTA update we've yet to see makes me want to throw it away and go old school except I've spent an obscene amount of money on my bionic already so to throw it away is like filing bankruptcy it takes care of the now but ur screwed for seven years lol but any way we would just like to see a little more attention on ur current customers or did u forget about us its not only about getting new customers but satisfying ur current ones as well and as I stated most of us are not satisfied

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ripper2860

Reaction score
They (and all other phone MFGs) make money on the sales of PHONES. As long as folks (and this includes the carriers) BUY their phones, they will continue to release supposed "Bigger or Smaller, Better, Faster phones on an accelerated schedule. Carriers are also culpable here as they are the ones driving MFGs to release Bigger or Smaller, Better, Faster phones so folks will upgrade early and lock themselves into another contract extension. They bank on the fact that you won't realize the extent of issues these new devices (or their own new network) have until the short "return period" has expired and you suck it up or pay them to terminate early. I love my Bionic and Xoom tablet. Wouldn't trade them -- but it's all a racket and while the MFGs are a part of it, the carriers are equally if not even more guilty in creating and perpetuating the problem.

Last edited:

lterry913

Reaction score
They are playing on the fact that everyone one wants newer,better, faster ...keep up with the jones type marketing. As long as people want to keep exchanging up they are gonna put em out as fast as possible and reap the rewards. Shorter return time limits are also playing a big part in this because if you don't like something the phone does or doesn't do you have already run out of time to exchange it. On a different note I think this shorter return period is not good for the app market...sometimes you need a little time to figure out if what you are buying does what you want it to do

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
When the OG Droid came on November 6, 2009, the camera was the big issue. "Check to see if the camera focuses and you get a green box before you buy" was the mantra. Someone discovered that the camera would focus properly every 17 days. It wasn't until December that an update corrected that. And that was a phone that wasn't delayed and the release date was well known.

Last edited:
OP
short283

short283

Reaction score
And I agree and understand but once people read reviews they are less likely to upgrade but if they were to fix the problems the current smart phones sales would sky rocket now I understand there is no such thing as a defect device as perfect is mostly in the eyes of the beholder but what they have released in the past couple years is rediculouse it seems they are trying to hard yo keep up with the hype of android being better than apple but as long as the devices keep coming out the way they are that may not be so. But personally I prefer android over apple and I refuse to purchase an apple product im an android fan all the way and I have faith in moto but im just saying the need to step up their game and try a different approach. The I phone has its issues as well so instead of trying to get a phone that is said to be better by techs y not try to make a their phones function better let that be a selling point LESS PROBLEMS based on customer reviews not techs.
Personally I already think android is better and more advanced than i phone even with the 4s having siri

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
The iPhone 4S is not bug free.
Go to ilounge.com or any other iPhone forum and you'll see posts of people pulling their hair out regarding the problems with that device.

OP
short283

short283

Reaction score
Yes im aware it is an issue with all smart phone makers they are competing with each other not focusing on the customer shouldn't the customer be first isn't that the source of their income but im not about the other phone makers im about moto doing what is right that is what I buy and my friends buy and since the dawn of droid and google buying out Motorola that is what alot of people buy not just my friends and family but I don't know everyone so I have to base my statistics off of those in which I know that is the down side to my statistics but the up side is that I am there to see what the issues are and know for a fact it is not just here say I've seen the issues with my own eyes I didn't just here about it. I have friends with the charge, bionic, pro, droid1, droid2, droid3, and the XOOM and one of my friends is getting the razr next week so I will be seeing issues with that phone first hand as well and they all seem to have the same basic issues such as random reboots, loss of apps, lagging or freezing screen, loss of data signal, inability to uninstall apps, insufficient memory notification when there is ample amount of memory, etc. The list can keep going for a while with issues I've yet to see or not yet heard about but they were all released by Motorola. Now I am aware htc, samsung, kyrocera, etc. Are heaving issues aswell but the main focus in this topic is Motorola but I do wish the others luck

OP
short283

short283

Reaction score

OP
short283

short283

Reaction score
But we do need to stay focused on the goal that is moto by saying the all have issues is giving them a scape goat leading them to believe it is ok to continue releasing defective equipment just because every one else is doing it but really ITS NOT OK

Abadus

Reaction score
This is why you don't buy a new car till it is at least in its 3rd year of production.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
short283

short283

Reaction score
Lol I would have to agree there