New Bionic Update Soon?

IanG

Reaction score
I just got an e-mail asking me to fill out a survey if I wanted to test a new software push for the Bionic. The e-mail said:

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. We are inviting owners of the Motorola Bionic on Verizon to participate in an early preview of a new software release, and provide feedback.

Click this link to take a short enrollment survey if you wish to take part. Please note that you must be a member in good standing of the Motorola Owners' Forums to be included. Due to the size of the Bionic membership within the MFN, we will limit this to 1,000 participants, drawn at random from the qualified applicants.

This is a confidential test under the terms of the Motorola Feedback Network. Do not post any details or information about this on any public sites.

Thanks -- please understand that start times are always fluid. We ask for your patience if you register but don't hear from us right away.

And the survey was very "Hey, we're going to be testing some new software very soon, return your phone to stock so we can do it"-esque.

dpw2atox

Reaction score
Yea that email seems to be going out to all the feedback network members. Now the question is what will the update version be and when will it be pushed?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
And if those with .901 will have to go back in order to get this.

jhom

Reaction score
Yep. I got an email inviting me to participate in the soak test. If all goes well, I think we will have the next update real soon.

bjjud

Reaction score
Sweet! Then we can have a couple-dozen threads about how to root, or KEEP root, on the new update;)

TatDroid

Reaction score
I love where you posted the part that says: "Do not post any details or information about this on any public sites".

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
I

IanG

Reaction score
I love where you posted the part that says: "Do not post any details or information about this on any public sites".

I like the part where I didn't actually post any details.

stevo69

Reaction score
except you left the hyperlink in the copied text from the email so it still send you to the enrollment survey, though at this point the enrollment period is closed

bbtkd

Reaction score
except you left the hyperlink in the copied text from the email so it still send you to the enrollment survey, though at this point the enrollment period is closed

...I love the part where you dredge up a long dead issue by posting a totally pointless response. As your first posting, it would have been more appropriate to add to a current and pointed discussion....

stevo69

Reaction score
True except you didnt post an update version so it could be current or former update so topic is still valid. I'm hoping the next update they finally fix the suspend/battery issue as it affects my wifes bionic as well as my new razr maxx really hoping they don't hold off until ICS, but that looks to be the case.

welsalex

Reaction score
This old news pertaining to 902 being released? Why has this thread been bumped?

Sent from my Droid BIONIC via DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well, to possibly keep it interesting, this is a post of mine copy/pasted from another thread. This was about a week ago...

"Didn't know where else to really put this, didn't want to start a thread, but I just got off the phone with Verizon. Unfortunately my Bionic experience has all but died since the .902 update and I will most likely be getting a Rezound. I have one more replacement I'll try out tomorrow. However I was talking with the guy while we did an obligatory factory data reset (even though I told him I just did one), and we started talking about updates. He was a really knowledgeable guy, who was INFINITELY more in touch with the smart phone world than any CS or tech support or sales rep has EVER been. He sort of discreetly threw out that there should be another update coming after .902. Didn't say who/what/when/where/or why, and the only reason I'm mentioning it was because he really seemed like he knew what he was talking about. Was clear he wasn't reading some script while we talked about the nature of 4G and he gave me a history lesson on the Atrix and the Bionic etc etc. Not that it really affects me at this point, but I thought some of you might like to know...

Has any rep ever been right? Not to my knowledge. But I honestly have not met a rep as knowledgeable as this guy was. Do with this what you will. "

zirkdog

Reaction score
So a random rep who seemed like he knew what he talking about alluded to a possible update? Sounds legit to me.

ETA: If you want to discuss new updates than this really should be a new thread not a resurrection of an old .902 thread.

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
So a random rep who seemed like he knew what he talking about alluded to a possible update? Sounds legit to me.

ETA: If you want to discuss new updates than this really should be a new thread not a resurrection of an old .902 thread.

I don't think ETA works in this situation. And I didn't bump the thread, but I didn't want to make a new thread for what's probably BS, so I actually thought this the perfect place to put it.

But, like I said, this guy was unlike any rep I've ever talked to. However, also like I have said many, many, many times before, no VZ tech person has ever been right. Then again most of them also had no clue what the difference was between an operating system and a firmware software version.