Motorola Droid Ultra Maxx Gets Soak Test Invite; Probably Just HD Talk, Could be Lollipop?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-ultra-linuep-specs-listed-on-display.png

We have word that Motorola is about to kick off a Soak Test for the Droid Ultra Maxx. There's still no confirmation on whether it is Lollipop, an improvement to HD Talk, or simply a maintenance update. We will keep you apprised when we find out more. Here's the email confirmation,

Hi [Redacted].

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. We are inviting owners of the Droid Ultra/Mini/Maxx to participate in an early preview of a new software release, and provide feedback. If you are not currently using a Droid Ultra/Mini/Maxx, please excuse and ignore this email.

We can only accept a limited number of participants, so please don't wait to respond.

Click this link -- [Redacted] -- to take the enrollment survey if you wish to take part. This link is uniquely tied to this survey and your email address ([Redacted]). Note that you must be a member in good standing of the Motorola Owners' Forums to be included. This is a confidential opportunity under the terms of the Motorola Feedback Network. Do not post any details or information about this on any public sites.

Start times can be fluid. We ask for your patience if you register but don't hear from us right away.

Thanks!

Cross your fingers it's something exciting!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Please let it be Lollipop. I want to see all the Turbo owners heads explode when an older phone gets 5.1 first. :D :D
OK.. Someone get a rope!!! Jk.. It says it asked about hd calling?? This probably what it's going to be.. But yes... It would be quite a show if it's lollipop..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The new update is not Lollipop. I downloaded it last night, it's pretty small (1.8 MB). This is what is on the Veriozn site. Looks like just a maintenance / system version update. From what I read it includes some bug fixes for the VoLTE / HD Calling update we received last year. I read somewhere that it fixed the issue where Emergency calls from the lock screen had no outbound audio if VoLTE was On. The Turbo owners will not have to worry about exploding heads, no Lollipop for the Maxx yet. I have not noticed anything different on my phone. The only thing the update did for me was turn VoLTE from Off to On after my phone rebooted.

Maxx Update 24.13.2.png

Last edited: