Does anyone actually like this phone besides me?

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
So I know alot of people were waiting on this phone since January and it was delayed forever. I wasnt even eligible for my upgrade until July 31 and never even heard of this phone until mid-July maybe.

I ended up getting a Samsung Droid Charge in mid-August and promptly took it back. The only thing I liked about that phone was the display.

At that point I didnt know what to do. Wait for the iPhone release and see exactly what it would have (since Im a Apple guy) or grab the Bionic and hope I liked it. I came from the Droid 1, love having a slider and liked the Droid 3 but no 4g, only 512mb ram, I cant live with that for 2yrs.

The Droid 3 got alot of crap for the "pentile screen" but when I looked at it I thought it looked pretty nice. If you look REALLLY close yes, you can see the pixelation here and there, but its not that noticeable to me, and I have great eyesight.

So after Id had all I could take from that Droid 1 I got the Bionic last week. I love this phone. The screen is same as D3 so Im happy with it, I think it looks great. Its fast, responsive, I get pretty good battery life for a 4g phone, usually 8hrs plus between charges and Im on it ALL the time. Have had up to 16hrs on a charge before. With the Droid Charge I couldnt walk from the bedroom to the bathroom without needing to charge.

Anyway, for all the wait and hype this phone had Im surprised so many people hate it around here. I know its been rooted already but Im waiting until its a little further along with recovery and all that before I do so to remove the bloat. But even with the bloat it is still fast.

lanza_david

Reaction score
They've already got recovery on bootstrap

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jstwondrng

Reaction score
I love it my phone too! Coming from the OG Droid, it's like night & day.... awesome!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's getting plenty of love but just like with anything in life, people tend to only talk, write, type about their bad experiences.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love it my phone too! Coming from the OG Droid, it's like night & day.... awesome!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Same here; and since my OG Droid was unrooted I'm looking at both "out of the box."

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
You mean looking at the terrible pixels on the screen didnt send you into a psychtoic rage?! Hmm, you are one of the lucky ones!:p Yes, this phone is money! Soo classy and smooth. I bought it on a whim not thinking it would impress me enough over my Droid X but man was I shocked! I cant seem to stop playing with it! I know that Let's Golf is bloat but wow does it look good btw!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I feel the same way about the d3, I love how it looks and feels, I just can't live without 4g, seeing as it's almost to my house, and 2 years is a long time to wait.

this phone rocks my socks... I love how it feels in my hand, even with the silicone case on it, I got a zagg screen for it... this thing is just a sexy phone. the screen is perfect for me I can't see the pentile errors even if I try, and it's fast... it is stupid fast... I'm even going to try and get a windows 98 emulator somehow and see if I can play some older windows games on it like MM7. I just love this thing (I've heard of someone installing dos or windows in another droid that's why I want to try)

now if a quad core phone was coming out next month, for sure, everyone knew it was without a doubt, I'd wait... but in two years I'm sure we will have hexacore or... 4ghz phones, so I'll be fine.

wseyller

Reaction score
I love mine. Even before debloating I tried to make it lag. Live wallpaper, widgets Covering every section on the home screen. runs so smooth.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I love Love LOVE my Bionic! Love the screen. Love the performance. Love everything about it. I use it to stream videos to my TV. The picture's awesome. Here's a video that I took of the phone streaming Netflix to my TV.

[video=youtube;g8dRqlG9xuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8dRqlG9xuM[/video]

magdream

Reaction score
I love Love LOVE my Bionic! Love the screen. Love the performance. Love everything about it. I use it to stream videos to my TV. The picture's awesome. Here's a video that I took of the phone streaming Netflix to my TV.

[video=youtube;g8dRqlG9xuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8dRqlG9xuM[/video]

Good to see that you're experiencing any sync or popping audio issues.

Speaking of streaming. Does anyone know of an app and or site that will allow you to stream live content via 4G or wifi? I remember one from a couple of years ago, though I don't think you could do it in real time. You could only upload content.

P.s. don't even think of let me googleing me (even though it makes me laugh every time).

Tillmorn

Reaction score
I'm quite content with mine. Coming from a Droid eris. In all honesty this feels smoother than my laptop. Granted that was top of the line back in 2008, but still... It's just a perfect phone for me. Maybe the prime will knock it out, but that doesn't matter. Heck, I've stopped checking all the news concerning other phones, and don't plan on paying attention to CES this coming year either. Besides still browsing the bionic section of this forum, I'm completely oblivious and happy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk