Does anyone actually like this phone besides me?

BePrepared

Reaction score
I love my Bionic. I've had none of the problems that others have had, except for disappearing apps, and that was easily remedied.

My problem is with the apps, specially Skype and Qik.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Human_Droid

Reaction score
Thanks to New Jersey getting some major Hurricane damage, I got the money to buy it and I LOVE it!

mamawm

Reaction score
I'm quite content with mine. Coming from a Droid eris. In all honesty this feels smoother than my laptop. Granted that was top of the line back in 2008, but still... It's just a perfect phone for me. Maybe the prime will knock it out, but that doesn't matter. Heck, I've stopped checking all the news concerning other phones, and don't plan on paying attention to CES this coming year either. Besides still browsing the bionic section of this forum, I'm completely oblivious and happy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Ditto, you must have been reading my mind.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
This phone is great and i'm very happy with it

kendeezy

Reaction score
I love the phone. It's awesome. I just don't like he battery life. I can't make it through half a day sometimes. Any ideas for remedies to make the battery better

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Hey, what a novel concept, a group hug Bionic thread. Great idea, as was posted earlier, you tend to see a lot of negativity when a new phone comes out. The Bionic has even more negativity now that we are in the stage where there is always a newer and better phone on the horizon. Back when the D1 hit, there were bucketloads of threads where folks were trying to understand, sort and deal with some issues. But the tenor was way different, as most of us had the phone, and had very few alternative choices. We HAD to muck and muddle through the growing pains. Now, folks get a little pain, and back the phone goes, along with a negative thread. I have no problem with this, as this is a reasonably costly adventure, and folks have the right to nit and pick and spend their money as they see fit. Me, I am digging my Bionic.....

Craig

aramos87

Reaction score
Hey, what a novel concept, a group hug Bionic thread. Great idea, as was posted earlier, you tend to see a lot of negativity when a new phone comes out. The Bionic has even more negativity now that we are in the stage where there is always a newer and better phone on the horizon. Back when the D1 hit, there were bucketloads of threads where folks were trying to understand, sort and deal with some issues. But the tenor was way different, as most of us had the phone, and had very few alternative choices. We HAD to muck and muddle through the growing pains. Now, folks get a little pain, and back the phone goes, along with a negative thread. I have no problem with this, as this is a reasonably costly adventure, and folks have the right to nit and pick and spend their money as they see fit. Me, I am digging my Bionic.....

Craig

Yeah I definitely agree... I understand everyone has there expectations but some people have the smallest issues with any device and return it saying it was horrible... as for me the Bionic is everything I had hoped it would be!! I absolutely love it!! I'm in the same boat as some of the other people are in this thread... I don't even search for news on upcoming devices anymore ... no need to I got everything I wanted with the Bionic!!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

SANhacker

Reaction score
After playing with the phone in the Verizon store, I like it a lot.
Build quality was just a major turn off.

For me, I'm just waiting until Christmas to see whats available.
No, I'm not waiting till 2012 for quad core or anything else. Just till December when I believe the Bionic may be the phone I buy. Want to compare Vigor/Prime/etc. in December and make an informed decision. I'm sure the Bionic will have a major price drop when the others are available.

Sounds like the Bionic is a great phone from everything I read.

Other than:
Display
Hummmmmm in headset
Powering itself off
Creaky (see thread on this)
Camera

These may all be fixed with SW updates. Time will tell.
I waited two months until the OG Droid issues were fixed. I can certainly wait two months until the above are addressed.

kath00

Reaction score
Don't believe everything you read, SANhacker. For every post about the issues you listed, there are about 10,000 happy people with their new Bionics who don't feel the need to complain about anything because their phone works great. Thus, they are the silent happy owners.

LIKE ME! dancedroid

lanza_david

Reaction score
The Bionic came out, the Charge is still 299 after 2+ weeks. I guess the price drop theory is not computing.

billyk

Reaction score
Forums like this are indispensible for me for getting how-to info on my favorite phones. Unfortunately, they inevitably become part b*tchfest. You'll see it on every make phone, just go look. In fact, you'll see the same pattern on forums for just about every other popular product we buy!

The Bionic is the best phone I've owned, and for me, it's the best smartphone on the market - by a very long shot.

obsquacious

Reaction score
I <3 my bionic. I haven't seen any of the problems people are complaining about.

ccgustavus

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with my Bionic after I changed the wifi to sleep when screen does I love this phone, fast, great reception.