Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My bad...it lengthens the life of the battery 4 to 5 times. Totally a non-issue though since it has a replaceable battery.
I know they're rated for x number of FULL charges (used to be 3-400 or something), so I guess that kinda makes sense, but having to charge twice as often doesn't sound fun. Also, the fact that I upgrade relatively quickly (though not as quickly as I used to) makes longevity less of an issue coupled with your point on exchangeable batteries.

We'll see what I end up doing when I get the spare battery kit. Waiting for them to come back in Stock to take advantage of the 50% off. Not having to be tied down might change my tune.

Of course, my cats chewed up my s4 cable, so I've been using my short moto cable almost the whole time I had the phone. It goes in the drawer now when not being used. It's nice to have a few extra feet of Play.

Sent from my Note 4

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Good gracious! This thing runs so cool compared to the s4. I've downloaded 12 ALBUMS in a row from Google play & have more than that still queued up to download & in progress & I'm doing other things on the phone as well. Still feels mostly cool to the touch. The s4 would be making my hand sweat like a "girl of the night" in church with half this use.

Sent from my Note 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Let me know how the low pressure test goes.
I might have no choice on waiting now that I left the store some they only had two left at 10 am.
If it's like the Note2, you can pop the button off and there's an adjustment screw underneath of it that makes the pen more or less sensitive.
Hope that helps

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

wardo

Reaction score
What's up with not letting the battery drop below 50%?
I've always charged my phone's to 100% then down to <20%

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What's up with not letting the battery drop below 50%?
I've always charged my phone's to 100% then down to <20%
From battery experts including Battery University, charging Lithium Ion batteries to 100% (or above 85%), and discharging below 15% both result in significant shortening of battery life. It has to do with the chemistry inside these batteries. Limiting the effective charge/discharge cycle to just the middle 50% of the capacity yields even greater lifespan, potentially as much as 5 times the number of cycles.

Electric car manufacturers have known this for some time. Since the batteries in cars are outrageously expensive (upwards of $7,000 our more), in some cases the manufacturers offer a "battery saver" charging profile as a user-selectable option. This profile reduces the maximum charge to 85% and limits the discharge to 15%. By doing so (reducing the effective usable battery capacity to 70% of rated capacity), they claim to be able to make the batteries last three times as long. Since most people keep cars far longer than phones, replacing the batteries in your car in a year and a half is an expense most wouldn't want to endure.

For us with cell phones that use these same batteries, avoiding discharging to below 15% is less difficult than avoiding charging to over 85%, but even doing just that could increase battery life by as much as another 50-70%. I've posted charts in the past showing charge/discharge levels and relative number of cycles attained. If I can find one I'll repost here.

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Anybody use the calculator yet?

Sent from my Note 4
I've calculated a few things here and there. Anything in particular you've found extra calculating about it? :)

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've calculated a few things here and there. Anything in particular you've found extra calculating about it? :)
What was your media volume set at?

Mine's talking to me & there's no setting to stop her.

Googled it. Android central forums are reporting the same thing.

Sent from my Note 4

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
What was your media volume set at?

Mine's talking to me & there's no setting to stop her.

Googled it. Android central forums are reporting the same thing.

Sent from my Note 4
My media volume is at 10, and there's no sound when I use the calculator.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My media volume is at 10, and there's no sound when I use the calculator.
Some of the posts mentioned an issue with last pass, which I use.

I turned it off & she stopped. It's an auto fill issue according to the posts on ac. Other apps cause it too.

Last pass has a workaround that involves shutting too much off.

Guess that's it for my trial run with last pass. Haha

Sent from my Note 4

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Got my first "What is that?" & "Does it hurt your arm to hold that TV up?" (while taking a picture at the bar) tonight. Felt good. Especially when I showed off the picture I took without flash & with HDR on. (will post it in the pictures thread.)

Sent from my Note 4

Last edited:

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I love this phone. Hate the new keyboard. I am going to experiment with other keyboards.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I love this phone. Hate the new keyboard. I am going to experiment with other keyboards.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
SwiftKey ftw. I always tell myself I'm gonna give the stock keyboard on a new device a chance & have tried others over time, but I always go back. Might just be because I enabled cloud sync & allow it to learn from my sms & social media, but it's a great keyboard.

Also, I agree while heartedly. This phone is spectacular!

Sent from my Note 4

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
SwiftKey ftw. I always tell myself I'm gonna give the stock keyboard on a new device a chance & have tried others over time, but I always go back. Might just be because I enabled cloud sync & allow it to learn from my sms & social media, but it's a great keyboard.

Also, I agree while heartedly. This phone is spectacular!

Sent from my Note 4
Agreed. SwiftKey is the best there is.