Yahoo mail!!

my3boys0

Reaction score
It's off. I turned it on than turned it off to make sure. I also called verizon and they said there's no way to do it.

brianr0131

Reaction score
It's off. I turned it on than turned it off to make sure. I also called verizon and they said there's no way to do it.

If you follow the video and it doesn't work then somehow your wifi is on. Put the power widget on a homescreen temporarily and turn wifi off with that then proceed.

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Does anyone know the servers and ports for ymail? I've got it
Working andwell I might add for standard yahoo adresses, but
Haven't found a working combo for the ymail servers.

Viva la Droid!

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Does anyone know the servers and ports for ymail? I've got it working and well I might add for standard yahoo adresses, but haven't found a working combo for the ymail servers.

Viva la Droid!

DroidFan

Reaction score
Its still not working for me

Like I said... for some reason the Droid requires a yahoo plus account for it to work correctly.

Not true... I have the standard yahoo mail (ymail.com) account and found the settings on another thread somewhere when doing a search on these boards. I copied them exactly and now have full access to my Ymail account.

juliem

Reaction score
You do *not* need Yahoo Mail Plus to get your yahoo email working on your droid. Maybe it makes the process easier, but it isn't necessary.

I've got both a free yahoo mail and a free ymail account synced to my Droid. Honestly--neither works great, and it doesn't sync like it should (I often have to hit refresh to get new mail, rather than it syncing automatically like I set it to), but it works well enough until the update arrives on 12/11.

I too had the incorrect username/pw issue, but I found a fix that might work for other people. If you're signed into your mail on any other computer or mobile device, sign out completely while setting up email on the Droid. Once you've set up the account, you can sign back in, and there shouldn't be any conflicts. No promises, but it worked for me.

Also, for Ymail:

username: [email protected] (note that you need to include "@ymail.com" as part of your username)
incoming: imap.mail.yahoo.com
port: 143
outgoing: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

hope this helps!
port: 587

Padawan

Reaction score
I've read all the posts/watched all the videos (unless I have missed a brand new one somewhere), tried all the settings, confirmed WiFi was off, installed the OTA update, and am still unable to connect with my Eris.

I don't have a Yahoo Plus account (and from the looks of things I guess I don't need one?) so I am at a loss. Perhaps a future update will address this.

Padawan

Last edited:

altacool

Reaction score
I'm one of the many that viewed the video and had yahoo mail working. Unfortunately, yesterday (which is when I got my OTA update) my yahoo account stopped pulling new emails. When I refreshed manually, it said "incorrect username or password." I have rebooted the phone many times since the OTA update, the only thing I haven't tried is deleting and reinstalling the yahoo account.

Firemedic

Reaction score
Yahoo mail

Had it on the first droid working great got a second one for it broke reasons now everything you talk about does not work. Yahoo mail worked on first droid 2nd one does not. I am doing everything the same and correctly explain why it does not work please friends.

altacool

Reaction score
Ok, deleting the yahoo account and reinstalling didn't work for me. I'm starting to hate yahoo. I've read other threads on this issue of others having yahoo pull e-mails initially and then it stops working. Don't know what the problem is. At least I'm slowly moving over to gmail and for the time being, I'm mostly getting junk mail from the yahoo account anyway.

viperboy

Reaction score
As stated, there were directions to get it to work when the phones launched. We were then told that it was incompatible and to not use those settings because of unreliable email sync.

If it continues to work for you, great. However, at some point it is probably going to stop working for you completely. If you call into Verizon, they won't be able to help you set up your Yahoo! email.