Yahoo mail!!

Earthwalker

Reaction score
I have had my yahoo mail checked through gmail for months now. I have 2 email accounts checked by gmail with out any problems.

I did have some problems using the email client. If I had 2 imap accounts it would not work. If I had yahoo as imap and my other email as pop3 it would work for a bit.

I just found having my emails all collected by gmail was the easiest for me.

It might not work for you.

Last edited:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
While anyone can say that it requires a yahoo plus account, this apparently has to be false. Seeing as me and many many others can still access it, and i never did get that info from you, but the other 100's of members on this board with that same info. Make sure that when your setting up the yahoo account that you are choosing the imap and not pop3.

Try downloading touchdown mail app (this is only a 5-day trial) and seeing if it will work from that app. When your setting up a yahoo account always remember to go through the manual set up, if you try to go through the auto setup this will never work.

brianr0131

Reaction score
I have had my yahoo mail checked through gmail for months now. I have 2 email accounts checked by gmail with out any problems.

I did have some problems using the email client. If I had 2 imap accounts it would not work. If I had yahoo as imap and my other email as pop3 it would work for a bit.

I just found having my emails all collected by gmail was the easiest for me.

It might not work for you.
I'm gonna give it a shot. I left the box "check new mail for 30 days" unchecked. We'll see.

Inundated

Reaction score
OP
A

ashkev843

Reaction score
Finally get it to go past the imap part put in smtp. Info.
.get excited and then
.........can't connect to the server....stupid freaking yahoo

bsloan

Reaction score
that was the problem thanks for the help gixxerjoe. now if i could just edit the calender.

Mojo

Reaction score
While anyone can say that it requires a yahoo plus account, this apparently has to be false. Seeing as me and many many others can still access it, and i never did get that info from you, but the other 100's of members on this board with that same info. Make sure that when your setting up the yahoo account that you are choosing the imap and not pop3.

Sir with all do respect...this in fact is not false. And if you worked for VZW you would be privy to the Info Center that any Verizon Wireless associate can look up and verify. It is not the fact that people have not or cannot get it to work. It is a matter of it working properly and pulling emails down properly from the Yahoo account. I too have it working on my Droid device as 100's of other members on this board have as well. But in the same token I have had issues with it pulling all of my emails in and sometimes it does not pull in all of them. If you don't want to take my word for it call into VZW data tech support and see what they say in regards to setting up your Yahoo account.

But still fact of the matter, as far as VZW is concerned... the directions to get Yahoo set up on Android devices was distributed to all retail channels and agent locations and was mandatory to distribute with any activation of Android devices to the customer. Then we was advised to not distribute it, because there is mass issues of people (beyond people on this forum) having issues with Yahoo. And so we are to advise the proper way to ensure that Yahoo Mail will work correctly on customers accounts is to use Yahoo Plus. So please before you say something is 'false" check your facts.

Reaction score
I was told the same thing at verizon store manger is a friend but I d. o have it work.ing great on my droid and I have free email account so what I would say to all of you haveing problems delete the yahoo account and watch the video posted in this thred do it just like that worked for me

Mojo

Reaction score
Here you go.... [video=youtube;Qq0WrfZmG1I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq0WrfZmG1I[/video]

brianr0131

Reaction score
I loged into gmail on my computer. Went to settings and set it up for gmail to import my yahoo mail. Then it goes to my gmail account.

Hope it helps
Earl

I have tried this and all it really does well is bring the mail from the past. It doesn't bring in new mail in a timely fashion. It seems to take close to half a day to get a new email on my phone. Also, I don't get notifications, they just seem to pop in.

Unless I am missing something, this is not a good method for me.

brianr0131

Reaction score
Sir with all do respect...this in fact is not false. And if you worked for VZW you would be privy to the Info Center that any Verizon Wireless associate can look up and verify. It is not the fact that people have not or cannot get it to work. It is a matter of it working properly and pulling emails down properly from the Yahoo account. I too have it working on my Droid device as 100's of other members on this board have as well. But in the same token I have had issues with it pulling all of my emails in and sometimes it does not pull in all of them. If you don't want to take my word for it call into VZW data tech support and see what they say in regards to setting up your Yahoo account.

But still fact of the matter, as far as VZW is concerned... the directions to get Yahoo set up on Android devices was distributed to all retail channels and agent locations and was mandatory to distribute with any activation of Android devices to the customer. Then we was advised to not distribute it, because there is mass issues of people (beyond people on this forum) having issues with Yahoo. And so we are to advise the proper way to ensure that Yahoo Mail will work correctly on customers accounts is to use Yahoo Plus. So please before you say something is 'false" check your facts.

If you leave your wifi off the Yahoo works flawlessly with the droid without yahoo plus. I, however do not like this because I use wifi a lot.