wrong time wrong city,state...by a lot.....

georgek

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me today. The clock was fast 6 hours and the location was off too. I turned the phone off and on and it went back to normal.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

SuFu

Reaction score
With all location services on, it still reset to Boston after being at home for an extended period.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

sms160

Reaction score
I have had the thunderbolt for over a week now and never had any problems with apps and widgets showing my incorrect location until this morning. I didn't change the settings or anything on the phone. I woke up and it thinks I'm in Russia and I live in PA.

Anyone find a way to fix this?

dajogejr

Reaction score
I had this issue too.
Delete the clock/weather widget.
Uncheck the VZW location and GPS.
Check them again, add the clock/weather widget and update it manually.

I had this problem since day one. After I did the above, it's worked perfectly fine since.

darekd

Reaction score
I had this issue too.
Delete the clock/weather widget.
Uncheck the VZW location and GPS.
Check them again, add the clock/weather widget and update it manually.

I had this problem since day one. After I did the above, it's worked perfectly fine since.

This didn't work for me. I'm in Virginia but my clock and weather are in Phoenix, AR. That's 3 hours off. :mad:

wwasher80

Reaction score
wrong gps location....even after restart

I need help trying to get my location correct. I live in the middle of Texas and I continue getting Plain Grove, PA. Love the phone but have gotten the reboot screen twice. My phone also restarts itself everytime I drive past the airport? Considering the need for a replacement.

TheOtherChris

Reaction score
Same problem here.
Activated my DINC last Fall.
Phone consistently shows me to be in New Mexico when I am in Idaho.
It does it consistently with GasBuddy and Weather and intermittently with Google Places and Maps.

It is always the same place in New Mexico (Edgewood)

I have not noticed any difference whether indoors or out; VZW, GPS or Wi-Fi on or off.
All of this started about a month ago.

If Verizon can't come up with a way to fix this, the phone is going back.

Last edited:

hyatari

Reaction score
Same issue here. Tried everything. Getting old in a hurry. Works fine all day at work but never fails when I get home its not even close by many states away from where I am. Yet my Google maps location is always correct even while just using location and not gps. Wtf!

bmills1972

Reaction score
Same issue here. I'm in Bethlehem, PA and some mornings around 4 or 5am my phone says I'm in Mesa, AZ and the time is 3 hours behind. It corrects itself when I'm driving. I must admit, I do get excited when I see the weather forcast.... Mesa has much nicer weather this time of year. :)

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
My HTC clock widget consistently shows that I'm somewhere in Germany (I googled it), but my system time is correct. Solution: I don't use the clock widget. Plus, I don't like that widget anyway because it makes my phone look like everyone else's. ;)

Purgatoiry

Reaction score
I get this same bug when i'm at home. It often changes my city to one about 20 miles away. Did same thing on my Evo but worse, instead of Los Angeles it would say i was in Kuala Lumpur or sometimes South Africa. Was really nice when alarms were set.

avanthomme

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I had this problem several times a week, and it usually occurs in the AM, making it really unreliable to use as an alarm clock! I'm in Baltimore, Maryland (4G market), and it says I'm in Corona, CA. When I turn 4G off to save battery life, I still notice the issue. I powered fun off and on again, reset device, wiped handset, and swapped to a new device...still same issues. The phone auto corrects itself after a few minutes to hours. When I log into maps/ latitude, it shows the correct location on map, but still says Corona, CA. I spoke to VZW, and they said It's not a known issue. I encourage people to call, so they can find a software fix.

Warweasel

Reaction score
I had this problem today, with the system time and location showing me in Beijing, China. I'm in western WA. I also occasionally get it telling me that I'm in Childress, TX. I called Verizon's tech support, and was elevated to a higher level. The tech seemed very knowledgeable, however had not heard of this problem, and according to her system, it had never been reported. She did a search online, and saw that many people were apparently having this problem. While I waited, she called HTC. They had some generic fixits (reset, etc), but otherwise didn't know. She logged it and said that they would follow up, with the possibility that I would send my phone in for testing and they would send me a replacement. I'll update once I know more. Very odd problem, however.

naknak95

Reaction score
I live in Central Maryland with perfect 4g coverage, location settings on, and it says I am in Colorado. I hope HTC comes out with a fix soon

genebopp

Reaction score
I am not sure it is the thunderbolt. My sister inlaw was here last week and her phone, some other droid, and mine kept saying tarpon springs. That is like 100 miles from here. restarting either phone would get them to say Orlando. but in a few hours one or the other would drift again.