wrong time wrong city,state...by a lot.....

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I am in San Francisco and my phone says i am in Boston. yeah its annoying. I tried restarting the phone and reset the network settings. Still showing Boston :(

webfoo85

Reaction score
Might have fixed this.

I just called VZW tech because my Thunderbolt showed me in New Haven (CT I'm guessing) when I am in Portland, OR. Showed east coast time and weather for New Haven.
VZW tech had me go into settings>wireless & networks>Mobile networks. The checkbox for Data roaming had been turned off. Once I checked it my weather and time reset to Portland.

Seems to be working so far. Hoping it sticks cause it was really annoying when it didn't show the right info.

gary73

Reaction score
Didn't work for me

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

joker402

Reaction score
hey guys, over the last 15 days ive had over 20 people walk in with htcs that think they are in china.

Its not just 1 htc, but a mixture, heck even sprint and att phones. Any ideas whats going on?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
hey guys, over the last 15 days ive had over 20 people walk in with htcs that think they are in china.

Its not just 1 htc, but a mixture, heck even sprint and att phones. Any ideas whats going on?

Do you work for verizon? If so arent u supposed to know whats up :icon_ banana:

joker402

Reaction score

Do you work for verizon? If so arent u supposed to know whats up :icon_ banana:
been on the phone for hours with tech and they cant figure it out. my guess is its an htc sense thing since its happening to other carriers too

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Might be an HTC thing. All we can do is wait until it gets fixed

gary73

Reaction score
Loaded liquid rom1.3 works fine now

gary73

Reaction score
Yes no longer in lativa or where ever that is

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Wrong location?

The "fix" I used was this:
1. Download/install app called GPS Status, Android Market free app.
2. Open that app.
3. Tap menu > Tools > Manage A-GPS state > Reset > Menu (again) > Tools > Manage A-GPS State > Download.
4. Close app.
5. This should help get location fixing to maps, weather, etc. It helped my TB. It is not always correct, but it is much more accurate than before. Mine showed me in NY, NY, 8+ hrs away to the N/NE, not as far off as East to West coasts, but still was inaccurate. Hope it helps.

SBleed

Reaction score
Try Beautiful Widgets. It will cost a few bucks but it's worth it.
Please erase your post hookbill. Beautiful widgets WILL NOT fix this issue and I'm sure having this comment here has caused people to waste money by buying Beautiful widgets. This seems more like a sales reply instead of a fix. BTW Beautiful Widgets sucks, I got force closes, and incorrect information on some of the widgets. It's just a horribly written App. Widgetsoid gives you GREAT customization to make your own widgets, and you can even add a widget to your notification pull down and it's free. Caution to new android users, most pay apps aren't worth it. I have only bought a few paid apps, and I never use them now because there were free apps that worked better. IE - Bought Better Keyboard, phone now has Swype(FREE), bought AtHome Launcher, now use LauncherPro(FREE)

slinky

Reaction score
I notice that apps like Weatherbug and others constantly tell me that I have no location set on the device. I have no idea why if Google and Verizon location services are on. Eventually it corrects itself but it is quite annoying as well.

Technoman

Reaction score
Mine shows the correct time and location no matter where I am at. I have only Google location services on. All others are off.