Verizon LTE listed Cities by years end.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
WIth it being marketed for football you would also think it (and phones) would come out before the regular seaon of football was over :)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol....yea that too. I think we gonna see at least 1 LTE phone before the Super Bowl..

everstar80

Reaction score
vzw.jpg

A thank you to our member Acros for tipping us off to Gizmodo's article on VZW's LTE coverage.

Verizon says the 4G service which boasts speeds of 5 to 12Mbps down and 2 to 5Mbps up, will be available in the following cities and airports by year's end:

Source: Gizmodo

Cereal killer, do you think that this means the superphone will be released at the holiday season. And what about any updates for our current devices. I know that ours wont support lte but have you heard of any future updates.

Godfather

Reaction score
how close would you have to live to one of these places to get the 4g coverage?

I suppose it depends on the area. For Phoenix they were pretty specific about the coverage area:

The network will serve the area within the boundaries of the Loop 101 and Loop 202, Verizon said.

Phoenix among 38 cities to get fast 4G wireless

That sucks...I live like 6 miles from the 101...on the wrong side. I'm in contract for another year anyway...who cares!!!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
without LTE devices it really doesn't matter where they release it....

aldeghij

Reaction score
WTF? Sacramento, CA, the Capitol of the state isn't getting it? Dissed by Sprint, then Verizon..... Lame. Well, we do have Clear.....

rcjames

Reaction score
WTF? Sacramento, CA, the Capitol of the state isn't getting it? Dissed by Sprint, then Verizon..... Lame. Well, we do have Clear.....

Who cares about 4g, 3g is going to speed up with more bandwith meaning more speed. I hit one day 4mb on my phone. More people move to 4g better i am with 3g. 3g is only going to be cheaper too. But then again if i got money i'll upgrade to 4g but how it look i'm tired of my car and i am going to restore my chevy 1963 corvair instead putting money in stupid ford focus 2003.

rcjames

Reaction score
What I mean was if more people leave from 3g to 4g 3g network will speed up because there would be more bandwith think of cable here where i live some hour of the day is slower because more people is on on the same time. 3g is just going to get cheaper. dancedroid

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I live in Charlotte, but they must be releasing it here because it's a major city, not because it's an NFL city. The Panthers are shameful this year... they couldn't beat their wives. LOL

brando56894

Reaction score
My area of New Brunswick NJ is covered! (probably by Philly and/or NYC) but my hometown of Vineland NJ (1.5 hours south) isnt :(

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ppl that live in the DC MD VA area might need to put in their address to see if its coming this year for ya.

I live in MD, somewhere between DC and Baltimore, and my area is listed for LTE this year....but no FiOS. And I been checking about FiOS since 2008 for that area.

I kinda figured that might happen for ppl in DC MD VA. Those 3 states are so close subway lines connect them all together. U could actually get on a subway train and pass thru all 3 states.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Glad I'm in a football city (Jacksonville), since it seems VZW list includes all the markets for NFL teams.

Nate

Really? So the Bills are moving out of Buffalo?;)

That was the one that jumped out at me. Let me see if I can find others.

I guess they mean Good Football Team Cities!!!LOL:rofl3:

I am sorry Hook I could not resist!!!