Wow, It's impossible To Make A Post Without Deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

koralyne

Reaction score
Actually, cereal killer, it seems as though hes criticizing the entire mod/admin staff for this, if not the whole website(Edit: what i mean is, i think hes saying you do it to everyone. He may have seen that a bunch of posts were deleted recently, because of the spammers). And of course, if I had a problem with the way things are run here, I would be more than happy to state my opinion, as would most of the rest of the memberbase (i would hope)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Actually, cereal killer, it seems as though hes criticizing the entire mod/admin staff for this, if not the whole website
Maybe you are right. I assumed he was talking about the N1 post he made that I moved to the appropriate area.

Read like he believed it was deleted and he was upset.

I don't know but if he wants to address it in private or here thats fine. Thats what we are here for.

koralyne

Reaction score
Maybe you are right. I assumed he was talking about the N1 post he made that I moved to the appropriate area.

Read like he believed it was deleted and he was upset.

I don't know but if he wants to address it in private or here thats fine. Thats what we are here for.

hehe, y'see folks, this is what i mean! Mods are people too! they are capable of understanding :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, my mother told me if I didn't have anything nice to say....
or was it one of the mods that told me that????:icon_ devil:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous. You guys have too many forums that overlap each other (typical vbulletin overuse) with too many moderators with nothing better to do. I've never seen a site so censored and controlled. Why don't you just make a blog if you don't want user interaction.

Don't get me started on the multiple sites (or streams of revenue) that are basically the same thing. Why bother even allowing anything about the nexus one on this forum since you have the nexus one forum. Well, would that fit better on the android forum? I try to be helpful and an a semi active member but you guys are over milking it. I'm done with this site!

I've reading/participating in forums for years and years and on a vast array of topics/vocations/avocations/hobbies/equipment, etc. and this is the friendliest and most helpful one I've ever had the pleasure to be associated with. As my Grandmother used to say, I think he may be a sourpuss.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous. You guys have too many forums that overlap each other (typical vbulletin overuse) with too many moderators with nothing better to do. I've never seen a site so censored and controlled. Why don't you just make a blog if you don't want user interaction.

Don't get me started on the multiple sites (or streams of revenue) that are basically the same thing. Why bother even allowing anything about the nexus one on this forum since you have the nexus one forum. Well, would that fit better on the android forum? I try to be helpful and an a semi active member but you guys are over milking it. I'm done with this site!

I have to say that this forum is informative and fair. The mods close or move the REPEAT posts so to try to eliminate clutter and even so they will still answer the question. The fact that they didnt close this thread proves that. Now are you truly griping because you do not understand the phone, the forum, or you just trying to spark a flame.

haythem1992

Reaction score
the quick and courteous responses by cereal killer and sam to the op proves that we have awesome mods.Keep up the good work guys. ps the only times that my posts have been affected by the mods was when I deserved it they are like my parents with a banhammer.

modified

Reaction score
I actually like the mild censorship on this forum.

I've been using many forums, and the ones that are unsupervised and raw turn out to be plagued by kids and trolls.

And if your interested in illegal torrents like demonoid - there are other websites dedicated to downloads, hundreds of them. Literally. No need to infest this site with them.

charrry

Reaction score
Exactly what leeches was trying to point out, and if you don't notice it you're in denial. When someone just came from a phone they maybe had 3 to 4 years, they don't want to hear "that question been ask many times before" when they may not know how to use the site.

angler1

Reaction score
This is my first smart phone, without this forum it would have been a paper weight. Now I don't know how I ever functioned without it. Thanks for all the help. Oh yeah, What does root mean?(just kidding )

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, my mother told me if I didn't have anything nice to say....
or was it one of the mods that told me that????:icon_ devil:
Yea, it was probably CK that told you that after he PM'd you.

CK - you did fine. You don't owe anyone an apology for something you did for the best interests of DF. I think all the admins and mods are super on here and are the most fair of any type of cell phone website I've ever visited. I could give you a perfect example of a site that is completely opposite but I won't mention it, but it has someone's first name in the title.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is by FAR the best Droid forum on the internet. I've run VBulletin forums before and they are doing a great job.

What's Demonoid?

Manifesto Zero

Reaction score
And if your interested in illegal torrents like demonoid - there are other websites dedicated to downloads, hundreds of them. Literally. No need to infest this site with them.

Not to bump a thread unecesserily or fuel argument, but in the defense of torrents and torrent sites, the only illegal part is sharing files that are copyright protected :p

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Not to bump a thread unecesserily or fuel argument, but in the defense of torrents and torrent sites, the only illegal part is sharing files that are copyright protected :p

which is all of them.

glad you guys like us.. we like you back. well.. most of you. ;) please let us know if there are any issues with us, we will be happy to address them. we were all just members here at one point too..

M

Matth3w

Interesting rant to say the least.

@OP

Threads are moved because if someone is surfing the Droid forums (not Nexus) and sees something like...Multitouch released! They are going to click and think that it is meant for the Droid when in fact you were talking about the Multitouch for Nexus but put it in the wrong forum.

It's not the fault of the mods, it's the fault of the users that don't pay attention to what subforum they are posting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.