SOPA, your nexus, and droid forums.

x25064

Reaction score
Update to do bothersome moderating ****

Guys --
Many of you have probably heard about SOPA and PIPA but for those of you who haven't, you absolutely NEED to get informed. This is a law that has potential to be put into action that will censor and severely cripple the internet as we know it. If you think this only applies to piracy and file sharing you're WRONG. If you think this only applies to the US you are also wrong. If companies like Facebook, Google, eBay, Amazon, Twitter, Reddit, etc have to shut down due to loss of revenue from this bill, YOU will lose them too. If your a gamer this will also kill a great many things you enjoy (just google how).

Not only is this a gross violation of your first amendment rights and net neutrality laws, but this will HEAVILY impact the modding community for our phones. Just think about it: anything potentially copy written can and will be blocked. There is vague limitations to what is intellectual property and what is not. Like running HTC_IME? Good luck finding it. Roms that incorporate skin interfaces (ie blur)? Forget it, blocked. The list goes on and on. If even ONE of these is found on a website like DF, the whole site will be blocked from your view.

At this point, anything is game. For example, companies like Monster cable want to deny you the right to resell their product via craigslist that YOU PAID FOR! See how deep this rabbit hole goes?

You NEED to do something about this, this isn't the time to "sit one out" anymore. Please sign these:

Www.Americancensorship.org

https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

Spread this like wildfire, you are the only thing standing in the way of this from becoming a reality.

EDIT: They've already taken out Megaupload, don't let them get anything else.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
With the white house opposing it an it bwing shelved till next year... Pretty sure its all but defeated...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

skyshadow

Reaction score
With the white house opposing it an it bwing shelved till next year... Pretty sure its all but defeated...

Point is something like this shouldn't even be brought to the table in the first place. The people that brought this to the table should be exiled to china like the communist pigs they are.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score

I haven't seen any news articles on this?

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
PIPA is still a problem, we need to make our voices heard. This could effect the Modding community severely.

Insidious

Reaction score
PIPA is still a problem, we need to make our voices heard. This could effect the Modding community severely.

But what about the children?! Sorry, just had to say that. Hopefully that crap doesn't get passed.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Agree. PIPA is still a threat so don't forget about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Sidenote : why do GMs edit cursing.. that's why there is a filter on the forum.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Won't happen, you've never seen anything like 100million internet trolls going to Washington.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Guys please keep signing this petition and use Wikipedia to find your local senators and send them an email.

If you haven't noticed already, several sites are blacking out today concerning PIPA. Its still a major issue and we still need our voices heard.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sidenote : why do GMs edit cursing.. that's why there is a filter on the forum.

I would appreciate if you would respond to my pm.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk