Would you still buy the DX Today?

bigdog9586

Reaction score
Just returned an Iphone4 do to not having satifactory coverage where my house sits which was less than a mile from their cell tower.
Anyway reinstated my Verizon this morning and the X is on backorder so didn't order one. I loved the Iphone4 but seems like some growing pains with the X at this time. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ONE NOW would you buy again or give them a month or two to get the bugs worked out?

velvet005

Reaction score
So far I'm really enjoying mine. I haven't had a chance to learn all the fun stuff it can do, but I would buy it again. :)

cpjr

Reaction score
I have the iphone 4 for personal use (which I love) and the Droid X for work, which I also love.

Yes, I'd buy the X again, Im not having any major issues with mine. Only noticable thing is I wish the audio volume was louder....

fecurtis

Reaction score
Since I essentially got the phone for free, I'd say yeah.

If you asked me the day after I got the phone the same question, I'd of probably given you a different answer.

Word of advice, when you go to upload your contacts, BE SURE YOU DO IT USING BACK UP ASSISTANT DO NOT GET VERIZON TO DO IT FOR YOU. There's a known issue with the Droid X not being able to recognize your phone contacts if you have a rep at the VZW store load your phone contacts vs. just using back up assistant.

Warner

Reaction score
Just returned an Iphone4 do to not having satifactory coverage where my house sits which was less than a mile from their cell tower.
Anyway reinstated my Verizon this morning and the X is on backorder so didn't order one. I loved the Iphone4 but seems like some growing pains with the X at this time. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ONE NOW would you buy again or give them a month or two to get the bugs worked out?

I'd buy it again in a second! I haven't had any problems with mine....everything works as advertised. I'm totally new (1 week) to the Android platform and I really like it so far. I'm fairly technical though....but it's really not that difficult to figure out and mess around with.

Warner

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the iphone 4 for personal use (which I love) and the Droid X for work, which I also love.

Yes, I'd buy the X again, Im not having any major issues with mine. Only noticable thing is I wish the audio volume was louder....

do they get along, or do you come back to your desk with random things out of place and a new scuff on one of the phones?

sorry, kids are obsessed with toy story right now, so everything is a living, breathing thing to me right now... ;)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have the Moto Droid 1 and I am not getting the X unless it starts to grow a keyboard haha. I perosnally can't do without one. However I think the Droid2 looks lame.

I am VERY excited to see the X got rooted, cause that means there is hope for future phones. I will be waiting till December to get a new phone for gingerbread! Yea!

cristalblueroses

Reaction score
Yes, I'd still buy it.

I went from the original blackberry storm to the droid X, and I love it. Haven't regretted it for a minute.

OP
B

bigdog9586

Reaction score
This is what I want to hear. Off to the store in the morning.

cpjr

Reaction score

do they get along, or do you come back to your desk with random things out of place and a new scuff on one of the phones?

sorry, kids are obsessed with toy story right now, so everything is a living, breathing thing to me right now... ;)

Its horrible, they sit in time out half the time :icon_eek:

Attachments

• iphone_droid_ufc1.jpg
    iphone_droid_ufc1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 313

ccartertn

Reaction score
Another yes from me. However, this is my first smartphone. It will only get better too when 2.2 comes out.

CC

jb20

Reaction score
I had the Droid 1 and the the Iphone4. By far the Droid X works so much better. I use gmail as my email client and there is no lagging what so ever. Whenever I sent a message with the Iphone it would lag and the scroll bar on the bottom would get stuck.I would have to go to the setting and turn on and off the email to get it working again.

I dont text a lot. I prefer email and the line of Droids all have an indicator light to notify you of a message which for the life of me till this day Apple does not have on the Iphone. it doesnt make sense how they can boast that the device is good for business. You have to do 2 steps just to see if you got an email

Yes there is a learning curve with Android. No doubt about it but once you become familar with the in's and outs its a great platform!

Reaction score

I think its perfectly fine. with the new updates coming out things will work fine.