Would you still buy the DX Today?

jkcerda

Reaction score
I have the Moto Droid 1 and I am not getting the X unless it starts to grow a keyboard haha. I perosnally can't do without one. However I think the Droid2 looks lame.

I am VERY excited to see the X got rooted, cause that means there is hope for future phones. I will be waiting till December to get a new phone for gingerbread! Yea!
where can I find the program to root it?
thanks

Immolate

Reaction score
I am very pleased. Had my whole gang of Pathfinder players hot-spotting off my phone during the game last night. It worked great! I love the big screen. I love the solid feeling of Motorola quality. I love the speed.

With Froyo I will be able to synch with email at work and then I will be complete.

mattbuds

Reaction score
I also came from a BB Storm 1 and I absolutly love it. My wife is so pissed though because she cant upgrade her Storm until Feb. shes sooooo jealous.... The account is in her name but because I have always done everything on the account they made my line the primary so I got an early up...:icon_ banana:

jkcerda

Reaction score
I am very pleased. Had my whole gang of Pathfinder players hot-spotting off my phone during the game last night. It worked great! I love the big screen. I love the solid feeling of Motorola quality. I love the speed.

With Froyo I will be able to synch with email at work and then I will be complete.
is froyo available yet?

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Yes, I'd still buy it.

I went from the original blackberry storm to the droid X, and I love it. Haven't regretted it for a minute.

I too went from a Storm-1 (been a BB user for many years) to the Droid X... best move I've ever made...:icon_ banana:
This is what Ill be doing this week! Ill miss crackberry.com! Any issues with email, or PIM/Calendar/task apps?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What Bugs....I would buy it again...

Bruiser616

Reaction score
This phone is awesome. Yes I would buy it again. I wanted to wait for D2 but I can do without the physical keyboard.

cristalblueroses

Reaction score
Yes, I'd still buy it.

I went from the original blackberry storm to the droid X, and I love it. Haven't regretted it for a minute.

I too went from a Storm-1 (been a BB user for many years) to the Droid X... best move I've ever made...:icon_ banana:
This is what Ill be doing this week! Ill miss crackberry.com! Any issues with email, or PIM/Calendar/task apps?

I've had no issues with email at all, in fact I think it's easier.
You can sync the calendar to the google calendar (I haven't messed with that too much, but it seems pretty simple from what I've tried so far) and all the apps have been very simple and intuitive to use.
I've gotten alot of ideas for apps off this forum, there are some good lists for things to get, and overall, every single one of my apps has worked better on the droid than a similar app did on the storm.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The DX is awesome, I've been very impressed with it. Check walmart.. Mine had a few in stock the other day.

Micrane

Reaction score
i've used 600 mb so far and the cycle ends 8-9-10. they should do a 3gig cap per month for 25 dollars... i'd be happy. plus i use wifi any chance i get!

tj1772

Reaction score
Absolutely. There is no such thing as a perfect phone. This is close.

jtdiddy

Reaction score
Dx is an awesome phone. I was a diehard BB user so for me to say this it is saying something

And it will only get better once froyo update comes next month.

My only issue is keeping it away from people wanting to play with it and avoiding bad comments when chics say "it's so big!"

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk