What phone would you choose if your Droid X became unusable?

CASHPOINT

Reaction score
im waiting for bionic. thunderbolt seems like an upgrade but not enough. dual core and that extra screen resolution should be nice. the thunderbolt actually has less resolution than the x. manufactors really gotta start getting off that 800x480

If you are rooted, use the Droid overclock app to change the resolution on your screen. Works like a PC resolution change.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The screen resolution doesn't change no matter what you do with build.prop...it just changes the LCD density.

Last edited:

dxgeek35

Reaction score
Ok get any phone you want (except iPhone because it sucks!!!!!!)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The screen resolution doesn't change when you mess with build.prop...just the LCD density

Changing the LCD density is doing a virtual resolution change. (Artificial) but noticable.
i tried this all it really does is either shrink the icons and text or make them bigger. this doesnt improve screen resolution.

Yes it does. The LCD density changes the scaling on everything. Android uses a vector style rendering engine instead of a raster one (your computer uses raster). In the vector world the density is how big you want your available drawing plane to be, which is exactly like changing the screen resolution on a PC.

Also I would prolly just switch to my nexus s even though it's a total downgrade from the Droid X.

qman66

Reaction score
Changing the LCD density is doing a virtual resolution change. (Artificial) but noticable.
i tried this all it really does is either shrink the icons and text or make them bigger. this doesnt improve screen resolution.

Yes it does. The LCD density changes the scaling on everything. Android uses a vector style rendering engine instead of a raster one (your computer uses raster). In the vector world the density is how big you want your available drawing plane to be, which is exactly like changing the screen resolution on a PC.

Also I would prolly just switch to my nexus s even though it's a total downgrade from the Droid X.
i know i get that but it looks worse

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Its just like putting the resolution up too high or too low on an old crt.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bionic...maybe. Or a used Droid X.

Luckily I still have my Droid 1 if that ever happened...lol

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Simple for me really...another Droid X! There is no other phone currently out that even come close to my eyes in comparison to my X.

Now, in a couple of months, I would be willing to have a look at either the Bionic or the Thunderbolt...and definitely would look at the proposed DX2...

Mont

Reaction score
DX-2...if thats even in the plans on coming out. I have no clue on what phones are coming out.

But like others said I gotten so used to the screen so what ever phone it would be would have to be close to or bigger in screen size.

I remember at one time we were trying to get away from big phones now big phones are back in.

Konceptz804

Reaction score
i'd get the droid x 2, 4g wont be available in my area till 2013, and the dual core cpu, higher res screen, and more ram is all that i'm interested in. 3g is fast enough for my needs and when its not I'm always near wifi.

The bionic's size, form is a turn off for me, and 4g isn't reason enough for me to purchase it.