Find a Droid X in stock

tdawg5480

Reaction score
Well I was up at 8 am calling around all day. Ive called Bestbuys Verizon stores and even Verizon authorized retailers (which usually ad a 100 bucks to the price to get their cut) Found a store 86 miles away with 5 in stock so I was going to drive, afterall bestbuys wouldnt sell me one unless I preordered or new line of service. I checked walmart.com to see local inventories which said not available in stores well called walmart for hahas low and behold they hadnt sold a droid x since launch and had a full supply, best of all only 5 miles form the house and instant 100 dollar rebate too. So my advice is check walmart cmon think about it how many people go to walart to buy a contract cell phone....at least out my way anyways. Just thought Id share my experience saved me time and money....and it gets better the sales rep was hot LOL

droid nate

Reaction score
lol, i found the same thing. I went to the wal-mart and they had a bunch of them in stock. No lines or anything. I asked if i could buy the phone but the sales lady didn't speak english. I pointed at the droid x and tried to gesture but it was hopeless. I figured that even if i got the phone I didn't want her to make changes to my Verizon account since she couldn't understand me. I was so close.

essasin

Reaction score
The Verizon at Great Mall, in Milpitas, CA, had a ton of stock today. I went in around 5pm in the afternoon to a jam packed verizon store and at least 5 people on the counters getting Xs with a bunch of accessories.

Donesyboy

Reaction score
to buy from walmart do I have to be a new customer? I have an upgrade...could i just buy it from walmart and take it to verizon?

OP
tdawg5480

tdawg5480

Reaction score
walmart does upgrade and new contracts. the location at Windham CT is in electronics department and go direct with verizon its not like a 3rd party retailer trying to make a commision. Its treated as a corporateentity and not as a franchised location which helps in some aspects when it comes to returns

Donesyboy

Reaction score
oh sweeet, thanks a lot! I'll check my walmart out tomorrow! that's so crazy because I overlooked walmart and I was just there today haha..

Kandiru

Reaction score
lol, i found the same thing. I went to the wal-mart and they had a bunch of them in stock. No lines or anything. I asked if i could buy the phone but the sales lady didn't speak english. I pointed at the droid x and tried to gesture but it was hopeless. I figured that even if i got the phone I didn't want her to make changes to my Verizon account since she couldn't understand me. I was so close.

Bad gringo:)

Last edited:

nycdroid

Reaction score
Tried this today they would not give me my 50 dollar new every two credit...so I passed but they did have them in stock...even called vzw and there was nothing they could do they wouldn't even credit the 50 dollar new every two to my account....looks like I will be ordering online and waiting

Donesyboy

Reaction score
hey thanks for the info, thanks to you i got my new droid x from walmart !! I'm pretty excited this is my first android phone I was a blackberry loyal : D

monkeyshines

Reaction score
Me too. I just walked into walmart on saturday and they had one. And what was really crazy is that the guy said they were only shipped two phones.

melonline

Reaction score
Droid X order

I ordered my Droid X from Verizon on July 16, 2010 @ 10:50am and it was shipped on the same day. Fedex tracking, (that I had to get from Verizon CS) says it will arrive on Tuesday July 20, 2010 before 7pm. I didn't expect it to come so quickly; I stopped by the local store on Saturday and they were out of stock.

OP
tdawg5480

tdawg5480

Reaction score
Thats why VZW uses us (FEDEX) cause we get it done we dont toy around. Proof: look at highway off ramps at night youll see UPS drivers sleeping to get their maximum daily overtime. Where as we get paid by the mile with delay time so its in our best interest to haul ass for you and me :) and we get a very generous discount tooo hahah