What phone would you choose if your Droid X became unusable?

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
What phones would you choose after the Droid X? I may consider buying one if I cannot find a Droid X for a reasonable cost.

What other phones match the screen size of the Droid X?

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
The Original Droid. I'd chose that before and after the X.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'd go with the droid 2 world phone that's clocked at 1.2ghz. That gives you the quality feel of a moto droid, double processor speed of a droid 1, and a full view when typing! But if you need a plus camera and camcorder and that is the deal, then I would go Fascinate no doubt and put up with the "less manly" interface.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

igknight

Reaction score
I would probably drop Moto and go to the HTC Thunderbolt. From what I have seen of that, and from the EVO phones I have delt with, it should be a good phone, and not locked like the Moto phones.

CASHPOINT

Reaction score
Another NEW Droid X, or wait til the Bionic or DX2 come out

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Im hoping for a DX2 with an unlocked bootloader! That would be the best.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I would probably drop Moto and go to the HTC Thunderbolt. From what I have seen of that, and from the EVO phones I have delt with, it should be a good phone, and not locked like the Moto phones.

+1 i'm looking to upgrade my DX to a Thunderbolt. It also has the 4.3" screen.

In regards to why someone would choose the D1 over the X is the bootloader is not locked on the D1. This allows custom kernels, and more finished ROM's to be loaded on it.

igknight

Reaction score
I did love my D1, loved how much nicer the ROMs that non Motorola employees made blew the offical ones out of the water with speed and stability, but I couldn't go back after having this screen.

turdbogls

Reaction score
if it was the near future, i would only go with the DX, but that is only because the t-bolt is not out.

the OG droid is/was super nice, but having the smaller screen and half the RAM is a killer for me now.

zodder

Reaction score
I agree. Once you get a taste of the larger screen, there's no going back. I'd have to suck it up on a flip phone until the Thunderbolt came out :)

dxgeek35

Reaction score
TB all the way it should be out in 2 or 3 weeks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SoDroid

Reaction score
Tbolt will drop on 2/24. I'd try to hold out with an old phone till then. The bolt will be awesome! Its an upgrade everywhere except for the screen, which is the same size as the X but is lacking a few pixels, giving the X the sharper screen. But everywhere else is an upgrade.

qman66

Reaction score
im waiting for bionic. thunderbolt seems like an upgrade but not enough. dual core and that extra screen resolution should be nice. the thunderbolt actually has less resolution than the x. manufactors really gotta start getting off that 800x480