Would you recommend droid mod?

SoDroid

Reaction score
Droidmod can be found at droidmod.org only...I think.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i posted the link on the post above you

SoDroid

Reaction score
I keep responding right after you pilot lol, I'll post a little slower.

R1Lover

Reaction score
is droidmod in the marketplace. I couldn't find it.

can someone post the specific name of it

thanks
Joey

That's another reason I think they are just dropping the ball.... why not put it in the market like it was before? pure lazyness? or because they don't want people using something that is not going anywhere?

Don't get me wrong, I was a fan until they dropped the smoked glass option and stopped improving the rom.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
untrue they were having issues within the group, so they made it where you can install it from their site. They do a good job for no cost and like I said you can install droidmod for the sp recovery and nandroid back up, and use their rom to in stall bb or other roms. So laziness is harsh considering what them boys have been through.

JoeyLS319

Reaction score
Pilot, thank you.

I just downloaded it to my phone.

is there somewhere on the internet/in the forum where I can find everything I need to do to root my phone. I'm scared to mess anything wrong and screwing it up.

I still want to read more about it in this forum so I have an understanding of what's going on and I'm comfortable in what I'm doing.

thanks for any direction you can point me in.

Joey

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
basically click the droid mod icon check on always and allow but that vid and step by step answers all questions.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

thanks
Joey

That's another reason I think they are just dropping the ball.... why not put it in the market like it was before? pure lazyness? or because they don't want people using something that is not going anywhere?

Don't get me wrong, I was a fan until they dropped the smoked glass option and stopped improving the rom.

You have no clue what you're talking about R1, no offense. The reason they removed the Smoked Glass theme as an option from their ROMs, is because they ROM DEVELOPERS, they're not in the business of making themes for your Droid. And not everyone likes Smoked Glass, and also they may not like stock either, but that's why there is an app called Metamorph. Metamorph is the same easy, "cavemen can do it" concept of the DroidMod Updater app. It's best to let the user, use another app to decide what theme they want, if they even want one.

And the reason DroidMod Updater is not in the Market, is because of issues with Google and the SholesMod Updater. They are just waiting approval from Google.

The DroidMod team is working hard on the next update for the ROM. Trust me, there are only a few *true* devs out there. That actually *create* things...and not copy and paste. That's all I'm saying. Then next version of DroidMod will be great...I can assure you that, because it is *real* developing.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

thanks
Joey

You have no clue what you're talking about R1, no offense. The reason they removed the Smoked Glass theme as an option from their ROMs, is because they ROM DEVELOPERS, they're not in the business of making themes for your Droid. And not everyone likes Smoked Glass, and also they may not like stock either, but that's why there is an app called Metamorph. Metamorph is the same easy, "cavemen can do it" concept of the DroidMod Updater app. It's best to let the user, use another app to decide what theme they want, if they even want one.

And the reason DroidMod Updater is not in the Market, is because of issues with Google and the SholesMod Updater. They are just waiting approval from Google.

The DroidMod team is working hard on the next update for the ROM. Trust me, there are only a few *true* devs out there. That actually *create* things...and not copy and paste. That's all I'm saying. Then next version of DroidMod will be great...I can assure you that, because it is *real* developing.

I would like to add an amen to that. But I think R1 seem to phrase it as a question. But with that said I like what droidmod had done, but every one has a right to their opinion and choices. Droidmod is a good rom; but the user should play with each rom and decide for him/her self. If you are new to rooting and looking for a solid rom Droidmod is the perfect rom. It contains all the goods and as I said before you can use it to install other roms. The droidmod team did a great job on it. I used the first sholesmod updater app a month ago, and I know the bugs that the team dealt with. Droidmod is a long way ahead of sholesmod and it was released a month after.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would like to add an amen to that. But I think R1 seem to phrase it as a question. But with that said I like what droidmod had done, but every one has a right to their opinion and choices. Droidmod is a good rom; but the user should play with each rom and decide for him/her self. If you are new to rooting and looking for a solid rom Droidmod is the perfect rom. It contains all the goods and as I said before you can use it to install other roms. The droidmod team did a great job on it. I used the first sholesmod updater app a month ago, and I know the bugs that the team dealt with. Droidmod is a long way ahead of sholesmod and it was released a month after.

Totally, everyone deserves their own opinion. I was just stating facts about the DroidMod team.

forkup

Reaction score
Natediddy is correct, there are issues with google and dmupdater and developement continues, R1Lover you have no clue what you are talking about.