Rooted > Bugless Beast > Overclocked > Unrooted > Waited for 2.1 > Rooted > Droid Mod

Reaction score
Looking at the title, this was what I went through.

Let me tell you... for some reason... Droid Mod... without overclocking, is very fast and smooth for me. I installed the 2.1 Launcher, I have live wallpapers running smoothly...

I can install SetCPU, overclock to 800, like I did with BB... but now I don't see the point. Truth is, I don't use Maya on this phone, Microsoft Word, Photoshop, etc... so the processor boost for this phone... isn't necessary for me.

Motorola disappointed me with their retractions, silence, and Verizon upset me with their continuance from Moto's silence.

I installed Droid Mod to give it a run... and wow...

When 2.1 comes out, I will install that. I won't disappointed at all because I'm at stock speed now.

OP
W
Reaction score
Yes Droid Mod is free. It does the whole rooting process, including flashing, bios work etc... for you, including downloading the files needed from the net via your phone, within one single application called "DM Updater".

I rooted manually before to gain knowledge and experience.

Download DM Updater here, and learn more about the Droid Mod project.

DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Let me tell you... for some reason... Droid Mod... without overclocking, is very fast and smooth for me. I installed the 2.1 Launcher, I have live wallpapers running smoothly...

I can install SetCPU, overclock to 800, like I did with BB... but now I don't see the point. Truth is, I don't use Maya on this phone, Microsoft Word, Photoshop, etc... so the processor boost for this phone... isn't necessary for me.

Motorola disappointed me with their retractions, silence, and Verizon upset me with their continuance from Moto's silence.

When 2.1 comes out, I will install that. I won't disappointed at all because I'm at stock speed now.

Having all of these options really confuses an old guy like me. One the other hand, that is what makes this device so much fun.

I just retired form higher ed so I really like your signature.

Mike

OP
W
Reaction score
loving droid mod the live wall papers are cool but burns a battery (no more then a home replacement app). DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does. is a good place to ask the devs and install the mod.

Surprisingly, I haven't had any battery draining problems. I use "white killer" and every time I quit using a app, I kill just about everything else excluding the 2.1 Launcher, the Live Wallpapers, and the Beautiful Widgets.

I also love charging my phone every time I'm near my computer, or a outlet when I'm not using the phone.

Which makes me think... do we have a existence of bluetooth chargers? Basically wireless chargers for phones? I know it will cost more... but boy... that would be... interesting.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Im not knocking DM, but I haven't found one ROM I've liked out there, or that is faster than my own custom setup.

OP
W
Reaction score

Having all of these options really confuses an old guy like me. One the other hand, that is what makes this device so much fun.

I just retired form higher ed so I really like your signature.

Mike

Ha ha ha, I understand sir. This device is massively fun. Hopefully due to all the awards and other attention the Droid is getting as of late G, M, and V will show the Droid more attention.

And about the signature, yah lol. I had one of the top English, Writing Comprehension, Essay scores at my college, but when I'm online... I just don't care lol.

tu3218

Reaction score
Is this better then sholes rom? I know its the new version but just wondering.

Also, we just put this on our sd card, recovery, install, an choose the rom?

Does it matter if were running sholes now?

OP
W
Reaction score
I've never used Sholes. I've tried BB, so far DM is the best to me.

All you have to do is install DM Updater, select the appropriate options, it will give you instructions from there, but everything is pretty much automated.

i would think yes, that it would work to install over your current Shole rom. If I'm wrong, someone let him know.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
also posted how to unroot and install other roms, and a video what droidmod looks like.