Worst phone/worst customer service

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Okay...thanks. I actually asked the techs in-store if any of these problems could be due to applications I've uploaded in the past and they seemed confused. My boyfriend seems to think my memory card may be to blame?!
A corrupt SD card can cause issues. You can always try another SD card, or try booting your Droid without the SD card in.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
What about re formatting the SD card through the phones settings. That should rule out the card..being the issue. Also @ Kooterdee why are you so consistent on installing Advanced Task Killer?

OP
kooterdee

kooterdee

Reaction score
How do I go about getting a new sd card? I am vehemently opposed to spending one more dime on this phone...I will try to reformat it...haha or have my boyfriend do it. I am not tech savvy and this all seems so unnecessary for a brand new smartphone. ugh...enough with my moaning.. I installed advanced task killer on first 2 phones after verizon employees strongly recommended it and on second phone...tech instructed me to uninstall and then install taskiller. I currently have not one single app installed on my 3rd droid

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
How do I go about getting a new sd card? I am vehemently opposed to spending one more dime on this phone...I will try to reformat it...haha or have my boyfriend do it. I am not tech savvy and this all seems so unnecessary for a brand new smartphone. ugh...enough with my moaning.. I installed advanced task killer on first 2 phones after verizon employees strongly recommended it and on second phone...tech instructed me to uninstall and then install taskiller. I currently have not one single app installed on my 3rd droid
Just remember if you have any pictures stored on the card..they will be erased when a format is completed, So if your SD card was swapped over to each new phone from the start and was corrupted...a Format will get the memory back in order and all the system folders the phone needs will be recreated. Dont install the Task killer app the Verizon Store guy are just Sales people that only know what people tell them. If they told me to install a app. it better be from Verizon or Motorola or be pre installed on the phone already. Not some app developer that sneaks in crappy advertisements.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your 3rd Droid, with no apps, is still having all the problems?

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^ i want to know this too. something seems fishy.

OP are you having the exact same issues, with no apps, on your third phone?

Samckaz

Reaction score

With all due respect to "Kooterdee" your story dosent add up!
3 Droids and ALL of them with the exact same problems?
Just my 2 cents

loop4zil

Reaction score

That is some seriously bad luck. When you are getting your replacement phone are they copying/transfering something from your old to your new?

Also...why are they recommending task killer?...is it battery life?

I don't use any task killer...I have overclocked the processor and I use my droid CONSTANTLY. I have yet to run out of battery on my phone when I needed it. If I were you I would stay away from Task Killer...etc.

I keep my droid charged via bedside media dock at home, and in the car and via standard car charger. I occasionaly use the usb port in the office.

Only once was there an occasion where I have HAD to go into the menu to kill a task...cause as app kept running my GPS after it was 'closed'.

"Just Say no to Task Killer"

OP
kooterdee

kooterdee

Reaction score
My 3rd droid...the one i got on monday at 2:30 at the hazlet nj location...started having the google task bar issues around 10:30 that evening. Again, no apps installed and when tapping my google bar, only half of it lit up yellow (the bottom half) and when typing in letters, only bottom half was visible. Couldn't backspace or search. This was documented via video on my boyfriends iphone...turned phone off and back on. Problem gone. 20 minutes later problem reoccurred...again problem was documented via video. Turned phone off and charged overnight. When I woke up, problem was gone BUT my google task bar was frozen at top of my home screen. This is when I sped to the nearest verizon store and showed them...aka my 7th visit

Silver Member
Reaction score
delete the google search bar widget. it appears when you start typing or when you hit the search button. it's just wasted space.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net

With all due respect to "Kooterdee" your story dosent add up!
3 Droids and ALL of them with the exact same problems?
Just my 2 cents

it can add up if he is always installing the same apps!!

Now please stop it here, until the starter chimes in again!

loop4zil

Reaction score
My 3rd droid...the one i got on monday at 2:30 at the hazlet nj location...started having the google task bar issues around 10:30 that evening. Again, no apps installed and when tapping my google bar, only half of it lit up yellow (the bottom half) and when typing in letters, only bottom half was visible. Couldn't backspace or search. This was documented via video on my boyfriends iphone...turned phone off and back on. Problem gone. 20 minutes later problem reoccurred...again problem was documented via video. Turned phone off and charged overnight. When I woke up, problem was gone BUT my google task bar was frozen at top of my home screen. This is when I sped to the nearest verizon store and showed them...aka my 7th visit

So when you got the phone on Monday...nothing was transferred to it...contacts? Pics?...any data files at all? The only change you made to the phone was Task Killer?

OP
kooterdee

kooterdee

Reaction score
I don't have ANY apps installed at all!!!! Geez people...I just want my phone to work normally...after spending my hard earned cash and wasting my precious time with all this nonsense. I will call my boyfriend and have him upload videos to show you the google task bar issue I have had on ALL 3 phones

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have ANY apps installed at all!!!! Geez people...I just want my phone to work normally...after spending my hard earned cash and wasting my precious time with all this nonsense. I will call my boyfriend and have him upload videos to show you the google task bar issue I have had on ALL 3 phones
The Google Search Bar? Have you tried removing that widget from the home screen, and just using the 'soft key' for search? Do you still have the same problem given this method?