faulty

manvsbear

Reaction score
A while back my phone started freezing. verizon told me there was nothing they could do besides a factory reset. So, I did that. It didn't work. Now the phone is always frozen. Even if I take the battery out and put it back in it starts up but I can't use it. I didn't drop it, I didn't get it wet, I have been treating it like a baby so that nothing could happen to it. However despite all my efforts the phone doesn't work. I went to the verizon store and they told me that my options are:to buy a "refurbished" phone of a similar type for more than I paid for this one, buy a basic phone for almost the same price as a new smart phone or continue paying $90 a month for services that I am not receiving. I think that verizon is responsible for replacing my phone if I am unable to break contract without getting a large fee yet I am not receiving the services that I am paying for. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do about it?

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Never had this problem but my 1st droid stopped downloading apps. I called said they couldn't do anything. Called again said I could upgrade since it was only 6 months out (I thought that was a while) and ended up paying 200 for a brand new droid3. Sweet deal right? All I can say is call and if your upgrade is soon then keep calling. I wasn't under warranty or anything they just told me I could upgrade. After I called they said I could only purchase through the phone. Big lie. I went to a verizon store, explained the situation and walked out with a brand new phone half an hour. My suggestion, call, if it doesn't work then walk in and say you called and just get one of the free android phones or pay for a new one.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums