Worst phone/worst customer service

OP
kooterdee

kooterdee

Reaction score
When I got the phone on Monday they transferred my photos and numbers but not sure about data files...i also noticed though that some of my contacts were a lil screwy...my boyfriends name is steve and it combined with another contact i had named steven and now i can't delete either of the phonenumbers...but this is a seperate issue

OP
kooterdee

kooterdee

Reaction score
I don't know how to delete the google widget bar...i told you guys that my forte is not technology

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Just do a factory reset regardless if it's new with no apps.

After you do that DO NOT touch a single setting. Don't even change your ringtone.

Use it for 24 hours.

Don't let the boyfriend mess with it neither : )

Silver Member
Reaction score
you don't need to be tech savvy. long press the bar and it will turn red. drag it to the application drawer (which will show a trash can) and release. widget gone.

for your contact issue, you can unmerge (separate) them by editing the contact and then hittting menu.

loop4zil

Reaction score
So let me get this straight...you installed an app and it crashed your phone...I kid I kid.

When I got my droid I had the sales peeps transfer my contacts over from my old phone (Sprint LG Rumor) to the Droid. They hooked both devices up to a tablet and it did its magic and my contacts were transfered...wondering if they are doing the same thing with your old phone and Droid(s) and maybe that is somehow screwing up your Droid(s).

Just trying to think outside a bit

The odds of getting three bad phones in a row is pretty low. It has to be something in the process of set up...or something that is being put on your phone that is causing the problem.

s10v8drew

Reaction score
im not a droid guru, im learning myself, but if i was in this situation, i would copy all my pics and stuff to my computer, spend the time to write down all my contacts and take the phone back and demand another and dont have them transfer anything, just activate it and hand it over. use it for a few days before you transfer anything back on it and see if it works as normal, if so transfer your pictures and numbers and go from there....just my $.02

edit: it sounds to me that when they transfer data over to new phone that they are also transferring the problem. because that is the only thing in common with all 3 phones you have received i beleive

OP
kooterdee

kooterdee

Reaction score
K deleted google widget and also seperated contact info :) lets see what happens...thanks again...i will have bf upload those videos soon...yeah i think somethings glitchy with the memory card cause this is just ridiculous...

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
K deleted google widget and also seperated contact info :) lets see what happens...thanks again...i will have bf upload those videos soon...yeah i think somethings glitchy with the memory card cause this is just ridiculous...

Its good that you are willing to work a little to set the device straight!

Good attitude!

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP, out of curiousity, if you open up market and go menu - downloads, does it show any results?

cplus

Reaction score
PROBELMS:
1-google bar freezes constantly
2-browser screen freezes white
3-on 2 occassions phone rang but screen was completely black and couldn't see caller/answer phone. Phone shut itself off I guess and when back to normal, no missed calls were listed
4-while talking on phone, cheek hit screen and put call on speaker but the number 4 was lit up on dialpad as if I was pressing it...couldn't hang up/get off speaker until I told person on other end of line to hang up
5-most consistent problem is google bar only lighting up on bottom half and when typing, only the bottom half of letters are visible and when hitting the magnifying glass icon...nothing and can't erase or backspace..this happens sporadically but at least 5-7 times a week

I bought my moto droid dec 2 and had couple of issues with it the first few weeks. SD card problem and ringer volume problem. Went to store...told me to take out battery..blah blah....fixed. Couple days later, more problems including frozen screen, frozen google task bar and frozen browser screen. They RUDELY replaced my phone on Dec 28 and told me I was THE FIRST and ONLY customer to ever have a problem like this. Ok..since then I have called verizon about 8-10 times and been to 3 seperate verizon stores and a total of 7 visits. I made sure to immediately race to the nearest store whenever I had an issue with my phone so they could physically see the problem and know that I wasn't lying. Again...frozen screen stuff and whatnot. Solutions included taking out battery and restarting phone, uninstalling advanced task killer and a soft reset that they performed at the verizon store. I was told that although they could see my issues, once they restarted my phone and could not duplicate the issue then there was nothing they could do. Problems did not go away and yesterday phone was replaced again at 2:30 pm. 8 hours later I experienced half lit up google bar and I shut phone off. This morning I had frozen google bar so I called AGAIN and then raced to the store with the issue visible to the verizon employee and they told me my only options were getting ANOTHER moto droid or giving me a different phone, but with no credit for the $330 I paid for this piece of garbage and to boot, I would have to pay $70 for a battery for whatever phone I chose since new phones don't come with batteries??!! HELP!! I am at the end of my rope and sincerely about to cancel my contract and switch to another carrier....any advice???

Wow! one of our DROIDs at work does this. the half highlight on the google bar and everything! whats goin on?

OP
kooterdee

kooterdee

Reaction score
Whoa 640k!! It says in my downloaded apps under market, that i HAVE advanced task killer installed and google maps!!! Last wed i uninstalled advanced task killer on my 2nd droid while on phone with service tech and installed taskiller after recommendation form tech...but that was my second phone. This is a new one that i got on monday...and haven't installed a single app!!! Is verizon messing with me and pretending to give me replacements?

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whoa 640k!! It says in my downloaded apps under market, that i HAVE advanced task killer installed and google maps!!! Last wed i uninstalled advanced task killer on my 2nd droid while on phone with service tech and installed taskiller after recommendation form tech...but that was my second phone. This is a new one that i got on monday...and haven't installed a single app!!! Is verizon messing with me and pretending to give me replacements?
nope. the market tracks what you download and install and each time you reset/replace your phone, it will do its best to get you those applications back (read: install them for you). it probably didn't have time to update the market when you uninstalled it, or something else happened.

i hate for you to keep starting over, but we want you to have a good experience.

uninstall every app in the list, format your SD card and do ONE MORE factory reset.

if you need help with the SD card, let me know. but do that BEFORE you reset.

s10v8drew

Reaction score
i wonder if they transferred it from the one you took back to the new one...i would uninstall and see if that solves your problem...i'm not sure, but doesn't Google maps come a pre-installed app?