Worst phone/worst customer service

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have one suggestion and rather than doing any more uninstalls and change settings , I have the best advice and I will GUARANTEE that it will work

You have 30 days to exchange phone for a new one......Get a brand new phone , BUT , DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT have them transfer anything over to your new phone. Start over from scratch , enter your contacts manually and do not download task killer. I have heard VZW salesman say that it is the best in the world...but , in reallity from searching this forum and other forums it is not advisable. In fact if I am not mistaken , the 2.1 update will have its own task killer and should work better than the app markets.

DO NOT PASS GO DO NOT COLLECT $200............get new phone and start off from scratch !!!!!!
this is not good advice as she is on her third DROID and all of her information and applications would transfer to the new device anyway. she's proven this by checking her marketplace installations (market - menu - downloads). she needs to uninstall everything, wipe her SD card and then do a factory reset.

going for a fourth DROID is not the answer. going for the 2nd and 3rd wasn't really the answer either.

these forums; these forums are the answer. period. :D

Trek6500mt

Reaction score
?

Whoa 640k!! It says in my downloaded apps under market, that i HAVE advanced task killer installed and google maps!!! Last wed i uninstalled advanced task killer on my 2nd droid while on phone with service tech and installed taskiller after recommendation form tech...but that was my second phone. This is a new one that i got on monday...and haven't installed a single app!!! Is verizon messing with me and pretending to give me replacements?
Thats almost uncalled for blaming Verizon. I have read the whole thread and i think it may be more your problems have been spread from one phone to another or you have been doing the same app downloading from one phone to another. I have a very very hard time beliving that you have had the same exact problems with three different droids. Maybe it is more like three different droids have had the same operator. Try and compare notes with another droid owner hand in hand and see what it is that you both do differently when using the same phone.
And how is this helping her? I've read through this thread also. At first she came off sounding like a VW basher, but now its clear that she is a non-tech user thats very frustrated and is at least asking for help. You are probably right in your thought proccess, but why be mean? I dont even have the phone yet, but am glad to see I will have such a knowledge base in my fellow forum readers.

10ACTony

Reaction score
How do I go about getting a new sd card? I am vehemently opposed to spending one more dime on this phone...I will try to reformat it...haha or have my boyfriend do it. I am not tech savvy and this all seems so unnecessary for a brand new smartphone. ugh...enough with my moaning.. I installed advanced task killer on first 2 phones after verizon employees strongly recommended it and on second phone...tech instructed me to uninstall and then install taskiller. I currently have not one single app installed on my 3rd droid
Just remember if you have any pictures stored on the card..they will be erased when a format is completed, So if your SD card was swapped over to each new phone from the start and was corrupted...a Format will get the memory back in order and all the system folders the phone needs will be recreated. Dont install the Task killer app the Verizon Store guy are just Sales people that only know what people tell them. If they told me to install a app. it better be from Verizon or Motorola or be pre installed on the phone already. Not some app developer that sneaks in crappy advertisements.

You don't want advertisements buy the app. The developer has to have some way to earn a living and if the app is what I need and works the way it's listed I can live with the adds. Since Google just purchased a firm that specializes in the mobile advertising (AdMob) I think you'll see more and more of this in the future. Everyone has to earn a living. If you buy it and there's still adds get your money back and move on.

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
I have one suggestion and rather than doing any more uninstalls and change settings , I have the best advice and I will GUARANTEE that it will work

You have 30 days to exchange phone for a new one......Get a brand new phone , BUT , DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT have them transfer anything over to your new phone. Start over from scratch , enter your contacts manually and do not download task killer. I have heard VZW salesman say that it is the best in the world...but , in reallity from searching this forum and other forums it is not advisable. In fact if I am not mistaken , the 2.1 update will have its own task killer and should work better than the app markets.

DO NOT PASS GO DO NOT COLLECT $200............get new phone and start off from scratch !!!!!!
this is not good advice as she is on her third DROID and all of her information and applications would transfer to the new device anyway. she's proven this by checking her marketplace installations (market - menu - downloads). she needs to uninstall everything, wipe her SD card and then do a factory reset.

going for a fourth DROID is not the answer. going for the 2nd and 3rd wasn't really the answer either.

these forums; these forums are the answer. period. :D

I must not be saying this right or am misunderstanding your reply........but , what I am saying is that when she gets a new phone....she gets a brand new SD CARD with that , so there is nothing nothing what so ever on that brand new phone brand new SD CARD. Am I right so far ? So , rather than transfer info from her current SD CARD to the new NEW PHONES SD CARD , you would have to manually input your contacts and any apps that you want back onto the NEW PHONE. You see what I am saying ? Rather than transfering info over to new phone or switching current SD CARD to her NEW PHONES SD CARD.

Silver Member
Reaction score
I must not be saying this right or am misunderstanding your reply........but , what I am saying is that when she gets a new phone....she gets a brand new SD CARD with that , so there is nothing nothing what so ever on that brand new phone brand new SD CARD. Am I right so far ? So , rather than transfer info from her current SD CARD to the new NEW PHONES SD CARD , you would have to manually input your contacts and any apps that you want back onto the NEW PHONE. You see what I am saying ? Rather than transfering info over to new phone or switching current SD CARD to her NEW PHONES SD CARD.

the SD card doesn't contain your contacts, nor is it used to track your applications. applications use the SD card for files and settings, but that's it.

a new phone with a new SD card will not prevent these from returning.