Will MAXX users get Android 4.1 JellyBean?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I was reading a little bit about JellyBean over at Tom's Hardware and was wondering if anyone knew if JB was coming to the MAXX or not? It's coming to the Galaxy Nexus. the hardware (processor) on the two phones seems similar.

If not, well, maybe it'll be time to root, I suppose.

rpdonald

Reaction score
JOSHSKORN said:
I was reading a little bit about JellyBean over at Tom's Hardware and was wondering if anyone knew if JB was coming to the MAXX or not? It's coming to the Galaxy Nexus. the hardware (processor) on the two phones seems similar.

If not, well, maybe it'll be time to root, I suppose.

I would guess by the end of the year

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lmfao...
Is this the first?

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now that the RAZR, Maxx are getting ICS....I say expect to see JB. When is anybodys guess.

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I see the ROM has already leaked (Google is your friend there), for the GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus. What a lot of good that does for us, though!

/sarcasm

Mirodd

Reaction score
It's not a question of if, but when, and that's anyone's guess.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't think it will take as long to get Jelly Bean as ICS. Gingerbread came out a little faster if I remember right. But first lets get everyone on ICS then we can all start complaining about not having Jelly Bean! :p

sownman

Reaction score
When is ICS supposed to be available ? I have a 3 day old Maxx that came with GB and when I hit system updates it says its up to date.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
When is ICS supposed to be available ? I have a 3 day old Maxx that came with GB and when I hit system updates it says its up to date.

It's rolling out in waves. Everyone should get it within a week or so.

As for the topic at hand, I'll just repost part of what I said in the Android 4.1 thread in the RAZR forum:

Since Motorola now has a fair amount of experience working with ICS for the RAZR/MAXX, and since Jelly Bean isn't a major overhaul, it actually shouldn't take them all that long to get an update ready. So it certainly can be done, and could be done in a much shorter amount of time. The real question is whether or not they'll even bother worrying with it or if they'll devote the focus to upcoming phones.

The hardware is more than capable, and the update should be relatively painless for Motorola to craft since ICS is done. But, there's always a chance that Motorola would rather have upcoming devices with Jelly Bean and not older ones. That said, I'll honestly be surprised if we don't see it at some point.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree, b sweet.

Some folks might have forgot that the Droid x1 started on 2.1, got 2.2 about 2 months later, then eventually got 2.3. And they still did a maintenance update for it right before the RAZR came out.

Jb isn't that different from ics, so i don't see why the RAZR won't get it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

surge

Reaction score
I have JB on my Xoom and don't see much difference from ICS.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have JB on my Xoom and don't see much difference from ICS.

It's not a huge difference. Makes things feel smoother (generally speaking), and that could vary depending on the device. Plus it adds Google Now, which is pretty handy. I don't do much talking into my devices except to send a quick text to my wife or something while I'm in the car. But the Voice Search on ICS is more than sufficient for that already. But Google Now is pretty cool if you utilize much of it at all.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I agree.. jb has some differences.. but they're subtle.. my biggest hurdle was going from the maxx's four capacitive buttons, to the 3 buttons on my N7... at first I was stumped as to where the options key way... didn't take long to find it.

Then its also different from moto ics, in the fact that it doesn't have a manage apps area... apps is an option in settings.. this may not be with all devices. :)

robert70

Reaction score
There is a thread on the forum here some where " I read it but don't remember where" that someone has posted a link to a moto website that gives a " list" of devices that will get jb and the Razr/Maxx is on the list.

Sent from my wicked sharp razr!