What's the deal with the Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II? (a phone in the shadows?)

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jeffw_00, Feb 22, 2013.

1. jeffw_00

jeffw_00 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II from VZW. There seems to be -very- little posted on the web about this phone. I thought I had read about it, and that it would be upgraded to JellyBean. but as I research for the web I realize they were talking about the Samsung Galaxy S II, Which isn't the same phone...

I'm starting to wonder if there's a reason I was able to buy the Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II for $29.99 - VZ started carrying it only 3 months ago but perhaps it's going away? (it wasn't on their most recent end-of-life list, but still). My 14d isn't up yet, and I'm wondering if I have made a mistake? (Note -coming from Blackberry I'm used to writing long Emails quickly and so I covet the keypad, but...) I mean, if it's a phone with no future (no jellybean, etc), maybe I should try something else (sigh). I'm not much of a cellphone enthusiast, so I would appreciate the perspective of those who watch the industry. Why is this phone in the shadows? Should I expect a JellyBean update (and given how I read VZ is crippling it, do I care?)

Thanks VERY MUCH!
    /j

2. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +951
    It's not a "flagship" phone, like the Droid 4/3/etc, which explains the pricing. I consider it an entry-level device for those that must have a physical keyboard. I don't recall seeing anything about it getting Jellybean, but it would make sense for it to receive it at some point, as the device is still so new.

3. jeffw_00

jeffw_00 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! But what's special about a "flagship"? My son had a Droid4, but after replacing twice for battery problems he swapped for the Strat II and likes it a LOT more. IT struck me as a good mid-range phone. What am I missing?
    /j

4. xtor

xtor Senior Member

Ratings:
    +106
    I never thought the d4 was a top phone, like razr, note 2 are

5. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +951
    It's not, but it kind of is when it comes to phones with a physical keyboard. If it wasn't, why would they have made 4 models over the years?

Search tags for this page
delete email on samsung galaxy stratosphere 2
quotation marks samsung galaxy stratosphere
recalls on the samsung galaxy stratosphere 2
samsung stratosphere recall
stratosphere 2 facebook issue
stratosphere 2 phone problems

stratosphere 2 vs droid 4

stratosphere ii deal
stratosphere phone problems
troubleshooting samsung stratosphere