WiFi versus 3G?

grimloktt

Reaction score
It seems like when I have WiFi on my 3G turns off and vice-versa. Is that what actually happens? If so and my 3G is off and WiFi on, I'm assuming I can't get/make calls. Is that correct?

Thnx!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On the droid you can not browse the web while on a phone, if there is no wifi network in range. It is the way the network is setup, not the phone.

So, get on wifi and use the web, while making a call. You should be able to do both at the same time, if you're connected to wifi.

OP
G

grimloktt

Reaction score
Great so...

3G = Phone or internet.

WiFi = Phone, internet or phone and internet.

Is that right?

orangepeel

Reaction score
Great so...

3G = Phone or internet.

WiFi = Phone, internet or phone and internet.

Is that right?

Correct.

When Verizon goes to the LTE (4G) network you will be able to do both at the same time. They are supposed to be rolling out the new network soon,but it will take some time....depending on your location. Also browsing the web will be much faster than 3G, or even Wifi.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately none of the phones available will work with LTE. And I still say that's not happening until 2011.

Reaction score
Yeah you can use Wi-Fi and 3G together, they just switch back and forth when you wanna make or receive a phone call. I stay on Wi-Fi for everything because it's faster than 3G in my opinion. dancedroid