Why does my phone go to clockwork recovery when I reboot and it's not installed?

polenz

Reaction score
I did not install the bootstrapper but if I pull the battery or reboot the phone I get kicked into clockwork recovery. This would be fine except that when I click reboot the phone goes to the m logo and then kicks me back to clockwork recovery. I had to sbf my phone using the 30.04 bootloader instructions and since then I've been getting this wierd occurence of the recovery happening. If I try and install a backup it does the same thing. M logo and then kicks me back into clockwork recovery. I have to factory wipe the phone to get past the m logo if I have to reboot for any reason and without being able to install my backups this is getting kind of annoying.

Thanks for your help in advance.

maderschramm

Reaction score
you sure it's clockworkmod recovery and not regular recovery? that seems very weird

to fix it if it is clockwork recovery:

Once you're in the OS:

1. Make sure bootstrapper is uninstalled
  2. Navigate with a Root File System Explorer to [/system/bin]
  3. Delete [logwrapper]
  4. Rename [logwrapper.bin] to [logwrapper]
  5. Reboot

OP
P

polenz

Reaction score
I tried to do that but it says its a read only file and I can't delete either. But I did find them.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

maderschramm

Reaction score
you have to mount it as read/write. it varies how to do so varied by your file manager.
usually it's a button in the upper right hand corner that says r/o. press it so it says r/w