stuck in clockwork recovery when I reboot

polenz

Reaction score
Did an sbf last night with the 30.04 bootloader files and everytime I try to pull the battery I get looped into clockwork recovery and it will not allow me to restore any of my backups from there. If I do a factory reset I can restart but I'd rather not have to reinstall all of my apps and everything when I pull the battery or reboot the phone. Should i just not install clockwork recovery? I am rooted as well.

What is the quickest way to have the phone back to where I was other than reinstalling the backups from clockwork mod recovery.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am very confused by your question.

Was your bootloader 30.04 before the sbf flash? Or did you use it too update your bootloader.

And what do you mean by recovering your apps from Clockwork?

If you had a nandroid backup of a 30.03 bootloader and then sbf'd and changed the bootloader to 30.04, your

nandroid will no longer be any good.

Last edited:
OP
P

polenz

Reaction score
screen says clockwork recovery v2.5.0.6

did a cache and data wipe and tried to restore a backup.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
screen says clockwork recovery v2.5.0.6

did a cache and data wipe and tried to restore a backup.

So you attempted to wipe your phone and restore a nandroid backup?

Now you can't find the update.zip/nandroid?

Because restoring a nandroid backup is not an sbf. Sorry, just trying to understand.

OP
P

polenz

Reaction score
Phone was a replacement running 30.04 bootloader. I sbf'd the proper file I believe a team black hat download. If I install koush's bootstrap, run that, and then boot into recovery and do a restore it goes to the m logo then sits for a minute and then kicks me back to the clockwork mod screen and I have to do a factory wipe to reboot the device back into the regular operating system.

OP
P

polenz

Reaction score
After the update, last backup was done on 12-29. Sorry I'm trying to use the lingo to describe my problem and probably failing miserably.

When I want to restore a backup, from clockwork recovery I click on "backup and restore" then click on the date of the restore I want to run and click it again. It runs, says it's complete and then I click reboot, which kicks me to the m logo and the screen goes black and boots back into clockwork recovery. I have to do a factory reset to actually get the phone to boot all the way back up.

Should I just not install the bootstrap app? If I don't do that what is the best way to back up the device. I do have titanium as well.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Phone was a replacement running 30.04 bootloader. I sbf'd the proper file I believe a team black hat download. If I install koush's bootstrap, run that, and then boot into recovery and do a restore it goes to the m logo then sits for a minute and then kicks me back to the clockwork mod screen and I have to do a factory wipe to reboot the device back into the regular operating system.

Oh oh oh, gotcha!

Ok. First, you haven't made a recovery for it to recover. Unless you had a prior nandroid backup made.

When you first got the Bootstrap app, you opened it, hit the top button, hit yes after it

said "success?" Then you hit the second button and it boots into recovery. You have to make a backup there.

If you did make a backup before the flashing of the sbf you should have moved it to the root

of your SD card so you can find it. If you didn't, I don't know how to find it.

But Bootstrap does not automatically make a backup of all your apps so you can recover them.

Does this make sense?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well you need bootstrap to access clockworkmod to make and restore backups. So if you just hit reboot now after restoring the backup it goes back to a bootloop?

tappin and a talkin

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well you need bootstrap to access clockworkmod to make and restore backups. So if you just hit reboot now after restoring the backup it goes back to a bootloop?

tappin and a talkin

To me or him? :)

I'm confused. I thought he was saying he flashed the sbf, got the Bootstrap app, booted int CW

and tried to restore without having a prior backup. That's what I'm try'n to figure out.

OP
P

polenz

Reaction score
So what you're really trying to say is.....lol.....

Thank you so much. What I'm translating that means in my language:

any backup I made prior to sbfing my phone is no longer a valid backup and that is why the phone keeps kicking back into clockwork recovery?

So if I reinstall the bootstrapper app and then boot into recovery and do a backup I should be able to go back into the phone normally?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It was to him. My understanding is he had a backup of the new update, sbfd and is now trying to restore that backup

tappin and a talkin

OP
P

polenz

Reaction score
I do have four backups on the phone that I'm able to click as well. But they were all saved prior to sbfing the device.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok lets pause for a second and figure out what your intentions are. Are you trying to restore a backup of your current system version from before you sbfd? Or are you trying to get to full stock

tappin and a talkin

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
So what you're really trying to say is.....lol.....

Thank you so much. What I'm translating that means in my language:

any backup I made prior to sbfing my phone is no longer a valid backup and that is why the phone keeps kicking back into clockwork recovery?

So if I reinstall the bootstrapper app and then boot into recovery and do a backup I should be able to go back into the phone normally?

Actually....no, no one is laughing at you. And I understand you were trying to explain and couldn't

at first. But if you were already on a 30.04 version bootloader when you made the backup, that backup

should work now. As far as apps go, unless they were 3rd party, should automatically restore through

Market.