Droid X Keeps booting into Clockwork Recovery and home key not working

dakotakid44

Reaction score
Droid X Keeps booting into Clockwork Recovery

I got my phone properly rooted using z4root and installed rom manager and the bootstrap loader, but every time I reboot the phone it goes into clockworkmod recovery I tried clearing the cache and data,force stopping,and uninstalling both rom manager and the bootstrap loader and reinstalling them. I tried using factory reset and started from scratch. but with no success with either of them. I could really use some helpp on this one please.

Last edited:

scarabshell

Reaction score
I've got the same problem, I even unrooted and restored phone..but even still she boots into cw every time

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you manually reboot then its suppose to boot into cw recovery. It hijacks the regular boot as a fail safe so you can always have access to clockwork. If you don't like it then sorry. You can get rid of it in root explorer but then you can't backup/restore.

scarabshell

Reaction score
My problem is I unrooted and its still there even after restore. Is there a thread on this telling what directory in root for removal

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well you're going to have to root again and go into root explorer and delete system/bin/hijack and system/bin/logwrapper and then rename system/bin/logwrapper.bin and rename it system/bin/logwrapper

scarabshell

Reaction score
Word! Thx a bunch! Don't know how many times I've seen this question unresolved.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
No problem. I'm normally on droidxforums.com and thought I'd see what I could do to help out on this forum.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
remove /data/.recovery_mode and it won't do it anymore.

in terminal:

rm /data/.recovery_mode ;)

scarabshell

Reaction score
Excellent! Much easier than other method. Thx