Can't boot into recovery

Chrisace89

Reaction score
I used these steps to root my Droid X

-Root -Download Droid X Bootstrapper (this is essential) -Download ROM Manager -Download ROM Manager Premium (This saves your butt so I suggest paying) -Open Droid X bootstrapper and hit the first button "Bootstrap into Recovery" (It should then say "Success") -Open ROM Manager -Press the top section which says "flash ClockworkMod Recovery" (a popup window will give you a few selections and choose "Droid X", it should then say "Successfully downloaded Clockwork Recovery") -Then goto "Backup Current ROM" (It will bring up a popup with a default date as a name. You can change this if you wish.) -Hit OK (your phone will then reboot and begin the "nandroid backup" which saves the entire state of your phone at this time. It will return you to the exact place at which you saved if you get in trouble. The only thing you do not save is some apps which you can go to Google Market, hit menu -downloads and restore them.

But when I try to make a backup in rom manager it restarts the a triangle with a android robot cones up, with a yelow bar as if its loading up then it gets about a quarter of the way and then phone just restarts.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
I start by going into bootstrap, hit bootstrap recovery, success should pop up. I skip your first rom manager step, then I go into ROM Manager hit backup current rom (enter a name for your save). It then boots into recovery and the backup begins......

OP
C

Chrisace89

Reaction score
I start by going into bootstrap, hit bootstrap recovery, success should pop up. I skip your first rom manager step, then I go into ROM Manager hit backup current rom (enter a name for your save). It then boots into recovery and the backup begins......

Tried this... it restarts gets to a triangle with android robot.. little status bar starts to go across then get about a quarter way and phone completly restarts.

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
Are you just trying to backup a rom?

OP
C

Chrisace89

Reaction score
Trying to backup rom and flash a new one... just got my Droid x today.

OP
C

Chrisace89

Reaction score
Is that the" reboot recovery" button? I never pressed that one if that is what you are talking about.

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
If you are seeing /!\ on reboot then thats the stock recovery and not clockwork recovery. Can you please open the DroidX Bootstrap app and select Bootstrap Recovery, grant permission selecting ALWAYS ALLOW. After you get the Success! pop up select Ok and then press Reboot Recovery. You should see the Splash screen M for a moment and then the ClockworkMod Recovery screen should load.

-taken from androidforums, give it a shot and let me know if it works

OP
C

Chrisace89

Reaction score
Ok that worked It booted into clockworkmod recovery... now im very familiar with clockworkmod on Droid 1 does it work the same on Droid x... for example installin new rims I just put rom on root of sd card and in clockworkmod just click install rom from sd card???

Captmilk

Reaction score
So the clock work app really doesn't work on the DX. You have to use the bootstrapper to boot into recovery every time right?