cannot reboot into recovery

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I believe I rooted my droid X using the thread for the droid 3. I have boot manager;Jimmy's roof tools and ROM manager but none of them will reboot into recovery.

Anyone have any ideas? I have a couple custom ROMs already on my phone but did not want to download them until I could backup my phone.

Thank you,

Jim

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have root? su in app drawer?
If you are running 4.5.602 try Droid 2 bootstrap from the market.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I believe I have root. After downloading the bootstrap, I got to the dreaded yellow triangle.

When I went down the options from the bootstrap it said each time I had success.

At any rate, when I got to the dreaded yellow triangle, I tried the search button with no success.

Any other ideas?

Much appreciated

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sounds like you don't have root and bootstrap kicked you into stock recovery. You can use root checker from the market to be sure. Maybe try running the D3 script again.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
Rootchecker says I passed everything.

Thanks,

Jim

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
my problem was I had not opened the droid 2 bootstrap application. I have successfully downloaded be dark side ROM and it is booting. It seems as if it is rather a long boot. I may need your help regarding that problem.

If so, I guess I will first search to see if anyone has had a similar problem before starting another thread.

Thanks so much,

Jim