P

polenz

Reaction score
my phone is currently running 2.3.340 system

and android 2.2.1 android version

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do have four backups on the phone that I'm able to click as well. But they were all saved prior to sbfing the device.

And I don't know if spaz33g can answer or clear this up for me also. But when I make a nandroid I

copy it from Clockwork folder, rename and put it on the root of my SD card.

Is there another way to retrieve it through CW?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I do have four backups on the phone that I'm able to click as well. But they were all saved prior to sbfing the device.

And I don't know if spaz33g can answer or clear this up for me also. But when I make a nandroid I

When I make a backup I generally just leave it where CA places it and it restores it just fine from there.

tappin and a talkin

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

When I make a backup I generally just leave it where CA places it and it restores it just fine from there.

tappin and a talkin

Ok. Cause when I made one in ROM Manager, which I hate, it wouldn't show it in CW unless

I moved/copied it to root of SD. But when I make one from Bootstrap myself I don't have that

issue.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

tappin and a talkin

Ok. Cause when I made one in ROM Manager, which I hate, it wouldn't show it in CW unless

I moved/copied it to root of SD. But when I make one from Bootstrap myself I don't have that

issue.

Ya I generally make my backups in cw and don't have any issues.

tappin and a talkin

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
So what you're really trying to say is.....lol.....

Thank you so much. What I'm translating that means in my language:

any backup I made prior to sbfing my phone is no longer a valid backup and that is why the phone keeps kicking back into clockwork recovery?

So if I reinstall the bootstrapper app and then boot into recovery and do a backup I should be able to go back into the phone normally?

In your OP you said you did a factory reset and your phone could start up. But you didn't want

to reinstall all the apps manually. So can or can't you get past Clockwork?

I definitely don't understand the battery pull unless you are stuck in a bootloop.

OP
P

polenz

Reaction score
I just used the reboot widget on the phone that I had dled. I didn't install koush's bootstrap, but I used titanium to reinstall a bunch of my other apps and it still kicked me into clockwork recovery. I did a backup from there and it finally let me back into the regualr os without wiping the device. Why is it still kicking me to clockwork if I don't have it installed or restored? To answer your other question I am just trying to get it back to stock, because I was trying to install roms and other things before I bricked the device. I did get it back up and running with the sbf but my only issue now is that I don't want to have to wipe the device every time I have to reboot the phone or pull the battery.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just used the reboot widget on the phone that I had dled. I didn't install koush's bootstrap, but I used titanium to reinstall a bunch of my other apps and it still kicked me into clockwork recovery. I did a backup from there and it finally let me back into the regualr os without wiping the device. Why is it still kicking me to clockwork if I don't have it installed or restored? To answer your other question I am just trying to get it back to stock, because I was trying to install roms and other things before I bricked the device. I did get it back up and running with the sbf but my only issue now is that I don't want to have to wipe the device every time I have to reboot the phone or pull the battery.

Well if you use a "system only" sbf it will flash the system file to where you can accept an update.

But all your settings, apps and how you have your desktops set up will remain the way they were.

This is when you want to make the backup. Cause most ROM's want you to wipe the system and factory reset

before installing their ROM. This means you will have to set up all your icons and widgets from scratch again.

But your apps should install on their own through the Market.

And I don't know why it is booting you up into CW if you don't have Bootstrap installed. Usually a factory reset

will not get rid of the Bootstrap files. But the sbf should have. Unless I'm missing something.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Ok, to find your backup it will be in the clockwork sub file or the rom manager sub file if you never moved it to the root of the SD. But if you are trying to load a backup and it keeps booting back to clockwork I would say you have an issue most likely with the card. I would do the factory reset and use astro or any other file manager to clear previous backups from the card. Boot into clockwork and make a backup of stock and go from there. A nandroid shouldn't put you in a bootloop to clockwork.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Growler48

Reaction score
If you're booting into Clockworkmod recovery every time you reboot, try going into settings>applications>manage applications>Droid X Bootstrapper and ROM Manager (if you're using both) and clear cache and data. Reboot and see what happens. This fixed the problem for me.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
A little confused here so not sure if this will contribute but /data/.recovery_mode is what controls booting into bootstrap/clockwork.

So if you are rebooting into clockwork everytime your phone reboots do this in terminal emulator:

su
rm /data/.recovery_mode

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
A little confused here so not sure if this will contribute but /data/.recovery_mode is what controls booting into bootstrap/clockwork.

So if you are rebooting into clockwork everytime your phone reboots do this in terminal emulator:

su
rm /data/.recovery_mode

See? Everyone types paragraphs. You come in with one little command

for a solution. Where were you earlier? :)

OP
P

polenz

Reaction score
I thought I had this figured out but I did a factory reset on the phone again started over....
Ok, then I did a reboot into recovery to try and do a backup.
I go to back up and restore
click restore, find the last file and click that, it also says that it won't find my sd extension there.....
I run that file and i click reboot next, I do not click update zip correct?
then the m logo comes up and waits for about five seconds, screen goes black, then m logo for five seconds screen goes black then back to clockwork recovery 2.5.0.6
dammit.

*shakes fist at sky*