I just don't get it. reboot taking me back into recovery

polenz

Reaction score
I have a backup that works perfectly. I am rooted, have titanium, droid x overclock app and rom manager. It seems as soon as I run my overclock app and try to reboot into recovery my phone will kick me back into recovery and not allow me to reboot normally without reinstalling my previous backup.

Can I disable the overclock app before rebooting to get all the way through?

And, when I reboot into revovery from rom manager it goes into clock work 2.5.7, then after i click reboot it goes into the m logo and goes black three times, then it kicks me back into recovery, but the clockwork recovery version is then 2.5.6. Hope that makes sense. If I try and reboot from there it will just go back into the m logo three times and kick me back into recovery which will still be 2.5.6

I just want to be able to reboot my phone without having to reinstall a backup everytime and not get stuck in clockwork recovery. Which is the better way to restore and or reboot also? maybe I'm doing this improperly. If i use one of the reboot apps, like quickboot it will still get me hung up in recovery. Any help would be great.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a backup that works perfectly.

Making and keeping a solid backup is very very good.

I am rooted, have titanium, droid x overclock app and rom manager. It seems as soon as I run my overclock app and try to reboot into recovery my phone will kick me back into recovery and not allow me to reboot normally without reinstalling my previous backup.

I'm not clear here. Are you intentionally booting into recovery or is your phone doing it?

I'm guessing you are using setCPU and you can disable by unchecking the set on boot box

And, when I reboot into revovery from rom manager it goes into clock work 2.5.7, then after i click reboot it goes into the m logo and goes black three times, then it kicks me back into recovery, but the clockwork recovery version is then 2.5.6. Hope that makes sense. If I try and reboot from there it will just go back into the m logo three times and kick me back into recovery which will still be 2.5.6

I just want to be able to reboot my phone without having to reinstall a backup everytime and not get stuck in clockwork recovery. Which is the better way to restore and or reboot also? maybe I'm doing this improperly. If i use one of the reboot apps, like quickboot it will still get me hung up in recovery. Any help would be great.

What kernel do you have installed? Is it compatible with your rom? Try reducing the speed or another kernel.

Mike

JRobzilla

Reaction score
Which overclock app are you using?

Also, you are using rom manager to boot into recovery? Download Droid x bootstrapper from the market if you don't have it. Use that and only that to both flash and reboot into recovery.

The rom manager app is crippled for the dx and its locked bootloader.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Kernel on a DX? Agree on trying a lower speed.

I have a backup that works perfectly.

Making and keeping a solid backup is very very good.

I am rooted, have titanium, droid x overclock app and rom manager. It seems as soon as I run my overclock app and try to reboot into recovery my phone will kick me back into recovery and not allow me to reboot normally without reinstalling my previous backup.

I'm not clear here. Are you intentionally booting into recovery or is your phone doing it?

I'm guessing you are using setCPU and you can disable by unchecking the set on boot box

What kernel do you have installed? Is it compatible with your rom? Try reducing the speed or another kernel.

Mike

DroidForums Junkie!!