Why cant we get 4.4?

moothy

Reaction score
Hello from Turkey

I have very strange issue,after 4.4.2 update my phone always freeze and restart after whatsapp using I did factory reset but nothing happened,what can I do ?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hello from Turkey

I have very strange issue,after 4.4.2 update my phone always freeze and restart after whatsapp using I did factory reset but nothing happened,what can I do ?

What do you mean by "nothing happened" ? The factory reset did not happen or the problem is still present after the factory reset?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

moothy

Reaction score
What do you mean by "nothing happened" ? The factory reset did not happen or the problem is still present after the factory reset?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Yes the problem still present after factory reset :( for example I use my phone for facebook,chrom v.s working perfectly,after using whatsapp receive message or sent message I lock my screen with power button,one or two minutes later I need re-open my phone,press home button and nothing,no screen,phone still open,I know beacuse I plug-in usb and then screen pop-up but I can't open,after 2-3 minutes later phone restarting by itself

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes the problem still present after factory reset :(

If the same app is having the same problem before & after a FDR, then I would say that the app is not compatible with the current OS (KitKat). You might just need to uninstall and not use it until the developers of that app update it. Have you tried contacting the app developers? There is usually an "E-Mail Developers" or "Contact Developers" option in app settings or on it's Play Store page.

moothy

Reaction score
Have you tried contacting the app developers? There is usually an "E-Mail Developers" or "Contact Developers" option in app settings or on it's Play Store page.

No I haven't,but I will my friend,thank you

newmanx4

Reaction score
Well, I have to say that KK has given my RMHD sucko bat life. Won't even survive the night without being plugged in. Never had that issue on JB!

Factory reset should fix that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

regedit

Reaction score
I am already rooted and unlocked. I think my phone is breathing its last moments. something wrong with the EMMC and it is frequently freezing on me (atleast 6-7 times a day). Any suggestions?

newmanx4

Reaction score
Have you tried a factory reset? Pain in the butt but it will solve some problems unless they are hardware issues.

regedit

Reaction score
Have you tried a factory reset? Pain in the butt but it will solve some problems unless they are hardware issues.

SBF updated to KK from scratch with everything wiped and factory reset.

When it freezes, It just wont boot until I hold the volume down + power a couple of times and bang the phone on a desk a few times.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
SBF updated to KK from scratch with everything wiped and factory reset.

When it freezes, It just wont boot until I hold the volume down + power a couple of times and bang the phone on a desk a few times.

could be a bad flash or bad file, i would download the file and try again.

regedit

Reaction score
could be a bad flash or bad file, i would download the file and try again.

I dont think it's either a bad file or a bad flash. It started even before kk right after my screen replacement. So i think it has something to do with my wife smashing the phone

Sent from Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Did a FDR and saw ZERO change in Battery life. THis is a bug that is NOT going to be fixed with an FDR. Seriously. Don't try it to fix your battery. I knew that wouldn't work.

It's already common knowledge at DroidRZR.com so I don't feel bad letting the cat out of the bag: Moto has another soak test coming for our phones. So expect a new patch soon which I hope will address WiFi and Battery.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
thanks for the feedback guys. Now that I think of it, I was on JB when I had that issue and partitioning the cash worked. Even though I'm on KitKat now, might as well continue the tradition and run it weekly. I agree, doesn't hurt anything so why not. I also think rebooting daily is a good idea (same goes for my computer). Gotta keep my phone running "lean & clean".

I missed this whole Cache discussion. When I was on JB I used Cache Cleaner NG to clear the Cache every night at 4 am. Why NOT do it daily? Forget once a week. Set it and forget it with Cache Cleaner NG.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.lsartory.cachecleaner.ng

(No I am not affiliated)

I did do it on KK too until I did the FDR.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I dont think it's either a bad file or a bad flash. It started even before kk right after my screen replacement. So i think it has something to do with my wife smashing the phone

Sent from Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD

ahh, yea, thats not going to do good things for it.