Who's planning on getting the Droid Turbo?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
All depends on your taste. I have zero issues with the camera. Its a phone first for me.

Review are always bad for the camera on the MotoX Gen 1 but man.. my buddy has the Gen 1 and in average to good lighting, the pics and videos he has shown me are simply gorgeous. I do NOT get the knock on this phone for its camera (except in low light) which most phones struggle with.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Review are always bad for the camera on the MotoX Gen 1 but man.. my buddy has the Gen 1 and in average to good lighting, the pics and videos he has shown me are simply gorgeous. I do NOT get the knock on this phone for its camera (except in low light) which most phones struggle with.
Thxz, that's good to know

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I'll be grabbing one on launch. I have owned quite a bit of the other brand smartphones out there. I have to say all around the Motorola phones to me are the best. Good reception, no problems with texting and send pics, awesome battery life. I currently have right now a Lg G3 since launch. It's a good phone but there are problems here and there with mine. Like sometimes when I'm sending a mms text it will not send it and it's just stuck saying "sending". The reception is okay but not the best. With my Droid Maxx I had constant 4g lte signal. The battery life is okay with my lg g3 since I turned it down to 60% brightness. Text with swiftkey is kind of laggy.

Since I've always had good luck with Motorola phones I'll be grabbing one and giving up my Lg G3 to my wife unless she wants to stick with her S4.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm stoked that this device is carrying the same hardware as the nexus 6,but a bigger battery and a smaller screen... And I'm also hoping that it remains a very vanilla Android experience..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm stoked that this device is carrying the same hardware as the nexus 6,but a bigger battery and a smaller screen... And I'm also hoping that it remains a very vanilla Android experience..
Vanillaish as it will have a few blurred skinned icons. With that said I prefer the blur look over touchwiz.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Vanillaish as it will have a few blurred skinned icons. With that said I prefer the blur look over touchwiz.
Blur is a lot less blurish than it was... It's pretty vanilla.. Lol. But yeah, it's not pure stock Android.. But it's very close

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I thought touch wiz was getting heavier... Lol.. But I won't buy a Samsung.. I had the note 2 and it's radios turned me off..

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Coming from an S3, I don't think so, it's much smoother, and living in a great coverage area I've never had radio issues. But to each their own right.

S5 tap'n

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I live in a fringe area.. Had nothing but trouble.. What sucks is when they first lit 4g here.. It was awesome.. Then 5 Months later they changed their antennas pitch. And poof. Crap..

Also, it can vary by phone.. The quality of the solder job on part of the board, or not enough Flux in part of a 1000 yard line spool of solder.. A chip not laying correctly before the robot heats the paste to solder it down... Any of a number of things on mass produced devices, can make two of the same phones built thirty mins apart, way different..

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So in regards to the camera, yeah... Motorola typically misses the charts. Really the only thing that I feel Motorola fails on in phones is the camera. I'm cautiously optimistic that with the very high resolution of this camera they might be inclined to place more attention on the image quality. We all know that beyond a reasonable number of megapixels there isn't much that increasing resolution can do to increase image quality.

Yes, high resolution sensors allow the images to be enlarged and still be clear, and yes, it allows images to be cropped and the resulting cropped photos still look crisp but if the colors are off or the original image is out of focus or the dynamics are lacking you'll still get a mediocre image as a result. It's all about the software behind the sensor and the lenses in front of it. So let's hope that they don't let that 21 megapixels go to waste or rely upon the sensor's very high resolution to make up for shortcomings of the other factors.

I have high hopes for this device and I have a gut feeling that the entire device is going to be a very positive experience. Motorola/Lenovo needs a home run here or at least a couple runs batted in to get them back in the game. They should be where Samsung was last year but for the few shortcomings of their phones recently they have been chastised. The funny thing is that what should matter most in a phone is the phone and yet they shine in that department but it goes without mention. Go figure.

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, I think they might just get the camera right this time. Lord knows they've had plenty of practice.
I hardly use my phone as a phone. I have a 500 min plan and barely reach 3 most months.

S5 tap'n

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Yeah, I think they might just get the camera right this time. Lord knows they've had plenty of practice.
I hardly use my phone as a phone. I have a 500 min plan and barely reach 3 most months.

S5 tap'n
Same here, I have 450 min and I never use even half that. But I'm on the internet with the phone most of the day. Can't wait!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm thinking the camera will be good enough for most peeps ..I'm sure some will complain..everyone wants that perfect phone ..haha

One+1