Who's planning on getting the Droid Turbo?

HiddenTalent

Reaction score
How long do you think it will take for them to release a Droid Turbo Maxx... you know its coming!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
How long do you think it will take for them to release a Droid Turbo Maxx... you know its coming!
I'm not sure they can pack a battery bigger than the already big 3900mah in there? That's kind of "Maxx" size already.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So the Turbo will not have a micro HDMI connector like my Razr Maxx has?
No it won't but it will have both wireless video and you can get a USB to HDMI adapter so it can provide HDMI video/audio through USB.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm not sure they can pack a battery bigger than the already big 3900mah in there? That's kind of "Maxx" size already.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with sajokaz... If the DID produce a MAXX after releasing the Turbo with 3600/3900mAh battery, there would be a LOT of unhappy Turbo owners, like the debacle of the Droid RAZR and then the RAZR MAXX...that caused quite a stir. I don't think they want to go down that road again. It seems that "thin [may have been] in" at one point, but now "batt is where it's at".

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the most excited I have been about a phone in long time

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Justin, I have to second that notion. Frankly when the Droid RAZR and then the Droid RAZR MAXX came out, I was pretty excited about both of those but neither one was top performer in its category, and not even closely top performer of all phones. This turbo on the other hand looks like it may just slide very comfortably into first position and have a wide margin of safety beneath it once it's out there.

So again, this would certainly be the most exciting of all phones that I've come across in several years. If it's as good a performer as the specs suggest it will be, it should be a beast! Given that it's coming on the heels of the moto x which could honestly be described as a phone that is able to achieve top level performance with mid level components through some creative and crafty engineering and programming, then it should be interesting to see what motorola has learned from that experiment and has instilled into this new flagship phone.

It's clear that it's pulling from the resources of the Moto X for a lot of its special functionality, so I would have to believe that one step forward and two steps back is not the mantra when it comes to developing this particular phone. I honestly can't wait to see it put up against some of the other flagship phones in the head to head competition. I have a strong suspicion that it's going to outshine all of the competition on several platforms. I'm not holding out great hope that the camera is going to exceed the performance of either the Samsung's Note 4 or the iPhone 6, but I'd be happy with the performance of the phone I have now in terms of camera capabilities, especially given the specifications this phone is touting.

It should perform so exceptionally well that it would outshine all others in terms of overall performance and like ability. As far as durability is concerned in my humble opinion no one makes a phone more durable than Motorola. In terms of radio performance, historically Motorola phones and Motorola communication devices have the best radios bar none. So it should be interesting to see if Motorola got it right this time and pulled together the best of the best in all categories. Bring it on October 28th!

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I third this.. It's not the typical... Well.... It's 5 months behind the curve.. But it's the latest Droid... Type situation..

1coopgt

Reaction score
Very tempting. Although I'll need to sell my Samsung S5 to help finance this phone . Gotta keep the Unlimited Data . The black looks awesome .

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Very tempting. Although I'll need to sell my Samsung S5 to help finance this phone . Gotta keep the Unlimited Data . The black looks awesome .
I'll just keep my maxx as a backup phone.

jfriend33

Reaction score
I'll just keep my maxx as a backup phone.
I'm on the fence with this too. Because somehow for months new Droid maxx although mostly 16gb were selling new under 300.

My maxx is 32 and unlocked. If anything I'll swap it for the 16gb on our other line so if I miss it or want it back it's not too difficult.

Now my only issue will be going back to droid after my 2 month break will be carrier exclusive accessory limitations.

I've already emailed Seidio begging for a convert case. And pro clip for a car mount. Lol.