Who's planning on getting the Droid Turbo?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Must be nice. I use 2 to 3k minutes a month. I work remotely though.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm thinking the camera will be good enough for most peeps ..I'm sure some will complain..everyone wants that perfect phone ..haha

One+1
The true test will be.. Can it take a pic of my ugly mug and not break or go on a killing spree?? Lmao

jfriend33

Reaction score
I'd rather have Motorola camera that launches faster than having to locate my volume down button to long press to launch it on my g3.

My maxx let me catch a few more pics that I normally would have missed.

Between my g3 and droid maxx they have great cameras. If you need more controls use Focal. It works great for difficult shots. Heck I even photographed fourth of July fireworks just fine.

I've used the iphone 6 in poor lighting and it's not as good as the galaxy s5.

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I still love my HTC DNA but I'm excited to replace it with the Droid Turbo!!!

HiddenTalent

Reaction score
I'm still using a Razr Maxx. It has a hardware limitation that it can't support USB OTG since most devices require 5v from the port. Is this something Motorola added in the latest devices? This is a big deal for me with getting a new phone. I'm looking to be able to plug in SD readers and jump drives via USB OTG cable... manage with ES File Explorer.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I think the only thing I won't like about the Turbo is the
sealed battery. I'd prefer to have a spare at the ready just
in case.

pchain

Reaction score
54e635f31a5aed51317687e17dc83cd1.jpg

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that bottom curved chin...very strange looking. 5.2" displays are big, and you can see by looking at it this is going to be extra big relative to most 5.2" displays

Still thinking the first Moto X for $300 new might be the best value out there.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This phone is just a tad bigger than the current iteration of the Maxx... I'm all in for drop day...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I think the only thing I won't like about the Turbo is the
sealed battery. I'd prefer to have a spare at the ready just
in case.
This phone now comes with a Turbo Charger which can give you up to 80% charge in only 15 minutes. Work that far a charging capability there's really no need to have a spare battery, IMHO.

pchain

Reaction score
Replacing a battery and having 100% charge no matter where you are in 15 seconds is far far far more convenient than carrying a bulky charger and cord around, trying to find a place to charge it, and hugging a wall for 15 minutes to get 8 hours of charge.

I am a strong supporter of a removable battery. However the thing that eliminates the entire argument for or against replaceable batteries is the simple fact that the battery on the Turbo will easily make it through a full day of use, as long as I charge it to 100% overnight while I sleep. In this scenario, neither a replaceable battery nor a turbo charger would be necessary for normal usage.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Replacing a battery and having 100% charge no matter where you are in 15 seconds is far far far more convenient than carrying a bulky charger and cord around, trying to find a place to charge it, and hugging a wall for 15 minutes to get 8 hours of charge.

I am a strong supporter of a removable battery. However the thing that eliminates the entire argument for or against replaceable batteries is the simple fact that the battery on the Turbo will easily make it through a full day of use, as long as I charge it to 100% overnight while I sleep. In this scenario, neither a replaceable battery nor a turbo charger would be necessary for normal usage.

I guess it's all depending on your situation. For me, I'm never more than a few feet from a power source whether at home, work or in my car. Also, the charger adapter isn't bulky IMHO, but again that depends on who's carrying it and how.

I also agree that with such a large battery if it's charged overnight it should last all day. My MAXX does and it's a smaller battery and less power efficient processor/GPU.