Who's Going to Return it?

npro1464

Reaction score
Who's going to return their phone right back to Verizon after they receive it? After hearing news about the boot loader, I know I'm strongly considering it. I know the dev community is hard at work trying to crack it, but I don't know if I want to take a chance after having a Thunderbolt (which is cracked, FWIW) that can't ever get updated to ICS until VZ puts out the official ICS update. I think I just want to end the bs with the carrier stuff in general and get a pre-paid Nexus as my next phone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have both the nexus and this phone. My sgs3 is my everyday phone. The features is just better and its faster than my nexus on jb. This device will get jb but it will take time for Samsung to get all the features to work on jellybean. If you want a device for play get a gsm nexus and set up groove ip so you can make calls via WiFi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Beka27

Reaction score
I've been waiting for this phone a long time, no way am I returning! I'm coming from a Droid "fort knoX" so I'm no stranger to a locked BL. I'm still expecting the developer community to do great things.

Reaction score
i got the phone this afternoon played with it a bit and within 2 hrs of getting it had it rooted, and the cwm installed with no problems! Dont return it, you'll hate yourself forever...or until something 1+'s the verizon S3.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm tempted to take it back today but feel I should give it at least 12 of the 14 days.

I've been waiting for this phone a long time, no way am I returning! I'm coming from a Droid "fort knoX" so I'm no stranger to a locked BL. I'm still expecting the developer community to do great things.

I too am coming from a DroidX. Got the DX on launch day. My problem is I'm seeing so much work done on the ATT/TMobile/Sprint phones already that I feel the devs are going to be going to those phones first. Whatever we Verizon folks get will be far less and way behind the rest. The dev phone from Samsung will be ok, but I don't think it will do much as a limited number of people will have it. The rest will have locked bootloaders.

Last edited:

GoBears

Reaction score
I have both the nexus and this phone. My sgs3 is my everyday phone. The features is just better and its faster than my nexus on jb. This device will get jb but it will take time for Samsung to get all the features to work on jellybean. If you want a device for play get a gsm nexus and set up groove ip so you can make calls via WiFi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

PC how would rate the SGS3 reception compared to that of your Nexus? I'm really interested in it's performance in weak signal areas.

kparks

Reaction score
GoBears said:
PC how would rate the SGS3 reception compared to that of your Nexus? I'm really interested in it's performance in weak signal areas.

Mine is surprisingly getting great reception

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I had it on att . The sg3 on art performed better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jgmecarter

Reaction score
pc747 said:
I had it on att . The sg3 on art performed better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

What was the difference between between the two