Who's going to pick one up?

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a "gear slut", I've embraced it.
I don't really have any vices. I like good food and wine, but besides that; I don't smoke or do drugs.
So my gear habit encompasses camera and compputer gear along with stuff for the car. If I can integrate tech gear with car gear, I'm all over it.

I think in the last 5 or six years I've owned about 10 different phones.
That being said, if they price it like the Nexus 4 and sell it direct. I'll buy it on day one. It has to be on Verizon though.
If it's built like my recent list of Motorola phones, I am so all over it.
I've owned the following recent Motorola phones
DroidX, Bionic, Razr, Razr Maxx and currently a Razr HD.

My name is ***** and I have a problem.......... I'm a gear slut.dancedroid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No size of the screen is just right but I really don't want to go smaller...that would be the determining factor...

I have had no reception issues with my N2, has actually performed better than my S3 did in the same service areas...

STG just like phones. She have an addiction problem and motorola phones are too hard for her to pass up.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am a fan of Moto...thru thick n thin...good n bad. As long as they do what I want n need....I will stay a fan. Depending on how I feel about the size of the phone in my hand...I may get one. I think the GS3 is the max size I could deal with for a phone. Its also a tad bit wider n longer than my RAZR and Maxx HD.

At the same time...I just started getting eBooks on my phone. I may want one of these phablet phones just for that.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
STG just like phones. She have an addiction problem and motorola phones are too hard for her to pass up.

Yea, something like that :)...I am a MotoFanGirl LOL...

equake

Reaction score
Waiting to see if it is carrier bound. If not its definitely on my buy list.

Here are the hw specs I'll be looking for: edge to edge FullHD display, big battery, slim, quad core CPU - preferably snapdragon 800, unlocked bootloader and radio, large storage memory 32gb+, LTE world radio, sdcard slot

My predictions: fullHD display but not edge2edge, tegra4 cpu, large battery non removeable, unlocked, sdcard + 16gb or less storage

My 2 cents

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Has anyone heard or read anything about an HDMI port on the Moto X?

It probably will.. Just like almost all Motorola phones do now. What is really getting me though is the placement of the HDMI and charging ports. They put these ports on the side of the phone, and for me, whenever I use my Bionic while charging it, the cord near the tip of the charger is bent at a harsh angle. After a few months of use, the tubing around the cord begins to split, then the wires begin to break, to the point where I have to hold the cord at a certain angle for it to charge.

My suggestion is for the charging port to be at the bottom of the phone.. That way it's not bent at a weird angle. Plus, your outlet is almost always going to be lower than your phone, so it just makes more sense.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It probably will.. Just like almost all Motorola phones do now. What is really getting me though is the placement of the HDMI and charging ports. They put these ports on the side of the phone, and for me, whenever I use my Bionic while charging it, the cord near the tip of the charger is bent at a harsh angle. After a few months of use, the tubing around the cord begins to split, then the wires begin to break, to the point where I have to hold the cord at a certain angle for it to charge.

My suggestion is for the charging port to be at the bottom of the phone.. That way it's not bent at a weird angle. Plus, your outlet is almost always going to be lower than your phone, so it just makes more sense.

My RAZR its on the top. Liked that alot. My Maxx HD is back on the sides.....eh....lol. I also vote they put it back on top or put it on the bottom.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
with my bionic of course I like the hdmi and power on the side because that's the way it plugs into the bionic lapdock...if I had a lapdock 100 or 500, and if webtop itself wasn't pretty much dead in the water....I prefer both at one end or the other, not on the side.

Xphreek

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to this forum... Just signed up. Currently on the Bionic w/ICS and love it! But in June I have an early upgrade and I'm liking what I'm hearing about the X-phone... The fact that it might be the launch phone for Key Lime Pie, the rumored 1080p display and quad core processor, the fact that it will be big but not too big. These are all great things that I'm looking for in my next smartphone. Can't wait to learn more! :)

mokes

Reaction score
I have an OG Razr and it's been great for the year plus I've had it. I'm due for my upgrade in July, so I will be watching closely to this release to see what happens. My wife has a DNA and I love her phone. Jelly Bean is some kind of smooth and the DNA is really a great phone. I use my phone more heavily than my wife, so a bigger battery and more memory is pretty important for me. It killed me when I bought this Razr and the Maxx came out shortly after, lol.

I like the build quality of Motorola phones, so I'm biased towards them.