Where's our Gingerbread?

Luojani

Reaction score
I went to CM for the most up to date Gingerbread, and I'm quite happy to have done so.

Sent from my DROID2 CM7

Viktorr

Reaction score
An official release is still quite a long way off for the the D2. You could however root your phone and enjoy a greater experience WITH GB than what you could get remaining stock. You'll have to accept any headaches that come along though (not pertaining to GB directly, but to flashing a ROM and redoing everything, perhaps many times depending on your luck and what you choose to use).

YMMV, but I'm happily rooted and running a custom GB ROM. My phone still does what I need it to do, and what I would like it to do as well.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know I have an X, not a D2, but I have been on Gingerbread since the leaks first came out. I would do it again and I never had any major problems with any of them.

My suggestion is to try a custom ROM though. I have had more problems on stock software than with aftermarket.

LGX v2.4

Byakushiki

Reaction score
There should be, though it may or may not be skinned to match...
Anyways, consistently getting check for updates unavailable now.
Moto's cooking something up?

michael7269

Reaction score
Ok. So now Droid X2 is getting Gingerbread. Boy Motorola and Verizon just really don't care if D2 gets it or not. No worries by me though. I'm probably going to get either the D3 or the Bionic. But I don't think that its right that they abandon a phone that is only a year old.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on 2.3.5 now anyway. I've given up on an ota for our phone. I'm getting more out of my d2 than I ever thought possible so they can keep their update as far as I'm concerned

CM74D2-2.3.5

Khiraji

Reaction score
Ok. So now Droid X2 is getting Gingerbread. Boy Motorola and Verizon just really don't care if D2 gets it or not. No worries by me though. I'm probably going to get either the D3 or the Bionic. But I don't think that its right that they abandon a phone that is only a year old.

Same here. I flashed the GB leak a couple weeks ago with the Monster file and haven't looked back. My phone used to crash and reboot every day or so, and now I think my uptime is approaching a week. My D2 is way better and faster now.

Sent via subspace link from my DROID2

Last edited:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Hopefully, they're only delaying it to give us a proper gb experience like you'll find on the D3. If not, then they'd better prepare for a wave of problems

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

Nosdroidamus

Reaction score
Hopefully, they're only delaying it to give us a proper gb experience like you'll find on the D3. If not, then they'd better prepare for a wave of problems

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

Bring out the torches and pitchforks! dancedroid

jjcope

Reaction score
Can someone tell me where to get the GB leak

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can someone tell me where to get the GB leak

There is no GB leak for the D2G.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jjcope

Reaction score
Well that sucks

Reaction score
Well that sucks

Just out of curiosity... What features do you feel you're missing out on, aside from having the latest and greatest. What is it about GB that you want so desperately? Can you explain to me why it's a better OS and you need it so bad? Or do you need it so bad because everyone talks about it, and it's shiny?