Where's our Gingerbread?

kinger

Reaction score
It's almost 2/3 of thye way through the 3rd quarter, and no word on an official update. Has anyone heard anything new? If the last bit of news I got a while ago the D2G should be getting it soon since the Droid 3 was finally released.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

silverfang77

Reaction score
The D2G is supposed to get Gingerbread some time over the summer. They already did a soak test a few months ago.

As for the original D2, there's been no word either way.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The D2G is supposed to get Gingerbread some time over the summer. They already did a soak test a few months ago.

As for the original D2, there's been no word either way.

The soak test failed, and the update was repealed.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
No, the update was flat rejected...
And I believe the soak test simply didn't go through, people got invites and such but never got the soak.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Isn't it though? It just shows how much Verizon and Motorola care about their customers. :)

ckbhack

Reaction score
My friend just had his D2 warrantied and it came back with gingerbread on it. I will get some pics maybe tonight or tomorrow when I see him. Maybe I should break my d2g and send it in hoping for gingerbread lol

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My friend just had his D2 warrantied and it came back with gingerbread on it. I will get some pics maybe tonight or tomorrow when I see him. Maybe I should break my d2g and send it in hoping for gingerbread lol

I'm on a D2, and have yet to see anything other than the GB leaks.

Khiraji

Reaction score
Currently running the GB leak. It's lovely and my phone feels like new... but.... the fact remains that I had to do it myself instead of Moto finally digging its thumb out of its ass and pushing the official GB.

Murphy's Law of Flashing Leaked GB Updates states that as soon as you get comfortable with things, the official update will fly out OTA... but screw it, if that's what it takes.

Sent via subspace link from my DROID2

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Lol the guy who got a D2 with gb on it probably got another D2 that was flashed to a nonrooted gb leak. I'm waiting aswell for the ota, but I'm pretty comfortable now on cm. Now, to be honest, only reason I want ota is for dev purposes. Yoink the libs out quickly to help CM4D2G...
:laugh: I want soak test. Now.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not holding my breath, especially since it was pulled from the d2g. I couldn't be happier with cm.

CM74D2