Official Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) Leaked for Samsung Fascinate!!!!

tekhinator

Reaction score

skinsfan

Reaction score
When do you think this is available, I have several friend with different phones that got it this week.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

soulshot96

Reaction score
I hope someone takes this boots the touchwiz and themes it back to stock 2.3. I am running froyo. But you wouldn't know it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

broderp

Reaction score
So whats the scoop on this update? What improvements over 2.2 can we expect to see?

Sorry if this is a basic question, I just got my first 'smart phone' and the Android OS is all new to me. :iphone:

OP
T

tekhinator

Reaction score
When do you think this is available, I have several friend with different phones that got it this week.

I hope soon but no one knows yet. But there is now a bigger chance that it will released now that there has been a leak.

So whats the scoop on this update? What improvements over 2.2 can we expect to see?

Sorry if this is a basic question, I just got my first 'smart phone' and the Android OS is all new to me. :iphone:

Faster text input, better power management, features for developers for better applications.
Android 2.3 Platform Highlights | Android Developers

I hope someone takes this boots the touchwiz and themes it back to stock 2.3. I am running froyo. But you wouldn't know it.

Wouldn't it be nice if samsung/verizon got rid of the touchwiz for once and for all and left pure 2.3?

broderp

Reaction score

I hope soon but no one knows yet. But there is now a bigger chance that it will released now that there has been a leak.

Faster text input, better power management, features for developers for better applications.
Android 2.3 Platform Highlights | Android Developers

Wouldn't it be nice if samsung/verizon got rid of the touchwiz for once and for all and left pure 2.3?

Thanks for the link! Good reading.

Does this update, or any update for tht matter completely re-write the phone (think format and reinstall OS)? And if so, does it lose any of the OEM (Verizon) bloatware from the install? I'd love to be able to uninstall some of the useless apps (to me) on my phone.

soondolee

Reaction score
you cant unintall the useless app unless you are rooted....

i bet they will add more useless apps when they ota the new update..

broderp

Reaction score
Another noob questions:

If I follow the instruction (Seem simple enough) and update to 2.3, can I do a factory reset and return my phone to its 2.2 Froyo with no issues?

1. Does the hardware maintain a backup copy for emergency reistallation in case things get messed up to the point of no return?

2. Does the option for restore even exist on 2.3? (And will it go back to 2.2?)

I really want to try this, but for warranty, do not want to go somewheres that I cant go back from in case of required service!

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
Come Christmas and we still don't have it I'll agree with you, before then my glass is half full rather than half empty. :)

broderp

Reaction score
By then, someone will have taken the beta version and hacked it for the rest of us to install. :icon_ banana:

soulshot96

Reaction score
This is old news I'm running a stock build of 2.3.5. Lmao when I looked at this.