When Will the ThunderBolt Be Available for Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effington

Reaction score
It doesn't look like have to eat my Blackberry after all... lmao

I stated several times here that Vz main concern now is the iPhone and anything Android will start taking a back seat indefinitely.

Weeks ago I said you wouldn't see this phone until March. You all laughed. Anyone who thinks this phone will be available this week is only kidding themselves.

The 24th is still looks promising. Too much evidence pointing to that date for there not to be a launch on said date

:rofl2:
:icon_ banana:

That's THIS Thursday! In what crazy butt backwards world does a product like this get released with absolutely no indication of it happening? Worst. Marketing. Ever. Expect at least a week or two lead time on the official release date - that puts this phone in March. Or later if Vz thinks they can sell more iPhones between now and then.

Heck, there's still confusion over the COST.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I stated several times here that Vz main concern now is the iPhone and anything Android will start taking a back seat indefinitely.

Weeks ago I said you wouldn't see this phone until March. You all laughed. Anyone who thinks this phone will be available this week is only kidding themselves.

The 24th is still looks promising. Too much evidence pointing to that date for there not to be a launch on said date

That's THIS Thursday! In what crazy butt backwards world does a product like this get released with absolutely no indication of it happening? Worst. Marketing. Ever. Expect at least a week or two lead time on the official release date - that puts this phone in March. Or later if Vz thinks they can sell more iPhones between now and then.

:rolleyes: Then why would 60 people vote for a Thursday, 2/24 release if nothing pointed to it lol

Effington

Reaction score

:rolleyes: Then why would 60 people vote for a Thursday, 2/24 release if nothing pointed to it lol

Yes, because if more people believe it, it must be true ;)

Up until this poll came out, everyone thought this phone was being released February 14. It was after rumors, leaks and speculation about a delayed release to February 24 started to surface that this poll was posted. Just go read through this thread if you don't believe me: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/111357-htc-thunderbolt-release-date-407.html#post1308719

But there still has been no official release date - never was. Why would they release a phone - in two days - without an official announcement?

They wouldn't. You're holding onto false hope and I'm trying to help you not be so disappointed. Just because you want it to be true, doesn't mean that it is....:)

JFDroid

Reaction score
Verizon sent out emails tonight to all stores for updating cellebrite machines to support 4G smartphone devices specifically. Attached were the files and instructions necessary to update the machines.

Think that implies a launch this Thursday? In thinking yes...

Sent from my Droid X that I can't wait to trade for a Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Effington

Reaction score
Verizon sent out emails tonight to all stores for updating cellebrite machines to support 4G smartphone devices specifically. Attached were the files and instructions necessary to update the machines.

Sent from my Droid X that I can't wait to trade for a Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

I haven't seen any of these email... :)

Arachnidus

Reaction score

Yeah, this. Guys. It's launching on the 24th. End of story. Before, we didn't get any dates from anyone. Only speculation. I was told specifically by the sales guys at Best Buy that it's the 24th, and almost all official documentation points to the 24th. The mere existence of the TB in the circulars verifies this.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
Verizon would like nothing better than to release this phone and us all go buy it. There really is no reason why the phone would be pushed to march. I think about everyone was going to buy a VZ-iphone has done so and it is about time to move on. They spent tons on their new LTE network, and they are probably ready to start seeing some profit from it. We'll see on Thursday.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

JFMFT

Reaction score

I haven't seen any of these email... :)

Mhmm... lol. You're either playing dumb or you really didn't get the e-mail.

It was sent to the entire tech team and most of this particular district's store operations teams (reps, managers, techs, etc.)

I thought about taking a screenshot of the excel file where it lists the Thunderbolt as the "HTC ADR6400L Thunderbolt" as 'proof' but realized it won't make the phone come any sooner and will only serve as ammo to get a certain employee fired if a mistake was made and VZW hunted down where this came from...

banderbe

Reaction score
what's the point of publishing the results in the post?

You know you bias the poll results by showing people how everyone voted before they cast their vote.

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
Why do you keep posting that? That's is from 5 days ago, do you not look at the date of an article when you read it?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

metzor

Reaction score
Why do you keep posting that? That's is from 5 days ago, do you not look at the date of an article when you read it?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Yeah that was from almost a week ago. The guy in the forum who posted it (who works for Verizon) said once they get phones in stock they can sell it.. but not if there is a directive from Verizon to hold off due to skype or 4g/3g handoff issues as has been rumored. It's evidence that points to 2/24 but it does not 100% confirm anything.

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

Just got back from BB and they stated that the thunderbolt has been pushed back past the 24th with no set date announced as of yet. So get rid of the 24th and say hello to marchs

atpjoe

Reaction score
Just got back from BB and they stated that the thunderbolt has been pushed back past the 24th with no set date announced as of yet. So get rid of the 24th and say hello to marchs

Perhaps it will be set back. However, believing a BB Rep is not advisable. Word of mouth is an instant fail with this. Until vzw says something everyone's ill-advised

Sent from my GSBv1.6-ERIS using DroidForums App

Arachnidus

Reaction score

Perhaps it will be set back. However, believing a BB Rep is not advisable. Word of mouth is an instant fail with this. Until vzw says something everyone's ill-advised

Sent from my GSBv1.6-ERIS using DroidForums App

I beg to differ...upon preorder, the BB guys all said to come on the 24th to pick it up. It seems pretty sharp. They've gotta have some idea of when the thing's dropping, especially to be so bold as to tell us when to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.