WHEN kangerade 1.2 comes out

713King

Reaction score
Yesit ask you when its done downloading if yyou want to backup current rom and wipe cache, it has those two options and if you just want to install it just click OK. I would recommend the premium version as there are plenty of roms to try.

mkraffert

Reaction score
Illmatic sounds good. Trying to figure out how these work the same? Correct me if im wrong but sprecovery is a preboot tool right? Rom manager runs from within droid?

Sort of. ROM Manager creates the pre-boot environment from a GUI within the ROM. That way it can run automagically. Basically, yes, they do the same thing, but one is easier to use. There's diehards on both sides that will tell you why the other one isn't as good as the one they like, but it's really a matter of personal preference. ROM Manager is easier to use, but to really leverage it's features, you have to buy it. I think it's well worth the cost, but I like SPRecovery too.

ROM Manager's drawback is that with more features and power comes more bugs. It's up-side is that the dev is right on top of bugs and keeps adding nice features to it. SPRecovery hasn't changed since I got my phone in February. It's stable and functional.

Taegost

Reaction score
Nice, so then you can download several roms, and with rom manager just tell it you want to use that one and it will reboot into that rom? So if a rom requires date/cache wipe the rom manager takes care of all that as well?

I'll answer your first question about being safe with that back up: Possibly.
If you did a nandroid backup with SP Recovery (Which I assume you did 'cuz that's what you had when you hit that point of the instructions, just like I did) and you still have SPR installed, then yes, you *should* be good.
If you have installed another recover console, like ClockworkMod from ROM Manager, then no, because the two are not compatible.
I do agree that you should get ROM Manager, it is *well* worth the money because it makes your life so much easier, you don't have to mess around with command-line tweaks or manually using the recovery console unless you need to recover from a failed setup (I did it earlier today, flashed a ULV kernel that put me into a boot loop, pulled the battery, went through Clockwork to one of the other kernels that I downloaded previously that I knew worked, and I was golden!).
It will let you easily change ROMs as you want, which is really why I love it. I bounce around and try all the ROMs until I find one that I really like, but until then, I may end up flashing my phone to different things 2, 3, even 5 times per day, and ROM Manager + Titanium Backup make the transitions smooth as silk :)

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Ok so then sprecovery cant be used with rom manager?

So if I install clockwork will it over ride sprecovery? Or when I install rom manager will it automatically install clock for me?

Going to check out rom manager now. Keep the info coming. Im sure many more folk will find this info helpful.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm assuming 1.2 will use the officially released Froyo source and not the leaked build, right?

Yes it will be from aosp, but I might change the name of it. It's not for sure yet but I might be working on the rom w/ about 4 or more other guys.

713King

Reaction score
Spre recovery can be flashed threw rom manager, well both recoveries can be flashed threw there

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
jrummy, nah man you gotta keep it as kangerade. I love it. Or if you change it, maybe you could come up with like 4 names. Then have a poll on here or your site and let the users choose it.

713King

Reaction score
lol, well since you are an english major why aren't you in school teaching away all your knowledge.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
jrummy, nah man you gotta keep it as kangerade. I love it. Or if you change it, maybe you could come up with like 4 names. Then have a poll on here or your site and let the users choose it.

I like kangerade too.. what do you think of lithiummod?

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
I like Lithium instead of lithium mod Or LithiumICE

Reaction score
It needs to be an epic name. The ROMs you guys come up with now are going to be your crown jewels... well, at least until Gingerbread. Lithium sounds cool, but it also reminds me of a ritalin-needing pink rabbit.