WHEN kangerade 1.2 comes out

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Also, what exactly does rom manager do?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
no just stating facts, he got from 1.0 to 1.1 by following the steps that the developer provided. That's why they have all those post 2k and 500 because all they do is troll

And you consider you non-helpful response trolling?

If you didn't wasn't to be helpful you didn't need to go through the effort of responding.

OP : it's always best to do a back up before changing your roms, some roms require different protocol for install. It's usually best to do a data/cache wipe, just to cover all your bases.

I think you are just fine asking questions, after all that's the point of the forum. Just ignore the people who try to upset you for no reason other than being mean.

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
no just stating facts, he got from 1.0 to 1.1 by following the steps that the developer provided. That's why they have all those post 2k and 500 because all they do is troll

713King...

Let it go... It's getting uglier by the post.

This post helped out 1 person, but now the time has come to say good bye.

Who wants to take a guess at the next Android os name?

My guess would be Croissant.

I dont think so, its going alphabetically...so it would an G for GummyBear haha

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Also, what exactly does rom manager do?

Rom manager is like sprecovery but it's a different recovery image.

Really it's like comparing cars, they all go from point a to point b, it's just the style difference.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
713King...

Let it go... It's getting uglier by the post.

This post helped out 1 person, but now the time has come to say good bye.

Who wants

I dont think so, its going alphabetically...so it would an G for GummyBear haha

G is for gingerbread. It's rumored as 3.0.

illmatic636

Reaction score
713, thats why you need to have your info straight before your act like an ass to someone. I didnt go from 1.0 to 1.1. I installed froyo frf57 and then ran update.zip for kangerade 1.1.

But you already knew that right?

Anyway, im done here my point is proven.

Illmatic, thanks for your help. Yes my original backup is of 2.1. But I just have the backup incase things go south I have something to fall back to. What im asking is, as long as I have that back up I can always fall back to it right?

As long as you can access the recovery console (SP or Clockwork) and you have a back up saved, your all good.

Rom Manager will do it all... Read about it in the market. It will give you the Dev's page who created it.. Koush.

shaggy13

Reaction score
well me being new to the root game I kind of wanted to know the same thing I was also wanting to know if the the goodies and script could be put in the same download or if it has to be updated separate?

sorry for the hijack

713King

Reaction score
lol either way you still followed the steps. Just get Rom manager from market and make your life easier, also make sure to get the pay version as well.

Lawl, I didn't know we done we was in the english class. Lmao pick up your taco that you dropped

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Illmatic sounds good. Trying to figure out how these work the same? Correct me if im wrong but sprecovery is a preboot tool right? Rom manager runs from within droid?

shaggy13

Reaction score
lol either way you still followed the steps. Just get Rom manager from market and make your life easier, also make sure to get the pay version as well.

Lawl, I didn't know we done we was in the english class. Lmao pick up your taco that you dropped

ok and if you have rom manager do you still need terminal emulator

713King

Reaction score
Rom manager just has all the roms thatt developers want in there and with that rom manager you flash koushs clockworkmod or whatever and when you download a rom from there it will ask youif you want to reboot into recovery and once phone boots up it will start installing the rom you dowwnlo and the options you chosed

illmatic636

Reaction score
Illmatic sounds good. Trying to figure out how these work the same? Correct me if im wrong but sprecovery is a preboot tool right? Rom manager runs from within droid?

Yes, in simple terms your are right. Rom Manager allows you to not only change roms, customize, fix permissions on apps..... But it also allows you to bounce back and forth from SPRecovery and Clockwork recovery. Those both do the same thing. Well worth the cost of Rom Manager.

713King

Reaction score
With terminal its just to add or remove apps or various other things like flashing recovery image. You can still have it but within. Rom manager it will tell you the current recovry you have and if you want to flash clockworkmod recovery, all of this will be in the app. Its very easy

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Nice, so then you can download several roms, and with rom manager just tell it you want to use that one and it will reboot into that rom? So if a rom requires date/cache wipe the rom manager takes care of all that as well?